Open Online Storage Sites

wdk450

Gang:
I have been updating my signature files, and i was using an online storage site that allowed open access, so people looking at this file did not have to register with the storage website. That website has seemed to morph into an online music storage website. I setup with another storage website, but found it was not open, you had to have an account and login to see the files.
Does anyone know of an online open (public) storage website where I can put my Heartland Signature Data?

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Bill,

you can try opendrive - it is free and appears to allow for file sharing as well as "hot linking" which is what I believe you are trying to do.

Kevin

UPDATE: Hot Linking is not part of the Free version - unless you write some kind of review on a public site and pass that review to opendrive. ...

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
UPDATE: So they will enable file linking if you do write a review - I was somewhat doubtful ... but it dies work

Photo from the Gettysburg Rally
thumbnails
as an imbedded remote link

and as a url as well. photo

wdk450

I just found that the Google Apps package has free online drive space (Google Drive) accessible, and the files stored there can be individually categorized as accessible to the user only, the user and a list of e-mail addresses, OR THE ENTIRE WEB!!! This fits my needs for signature appendage files (i.e "My Bighorn Modifications/Upgrades" and "Heartland Rallies I have attended").

My signature has been edited to contain these new (non-login accessible) links.

BTW, I think the Bighorn Modifications/Upgrades file will be handy if I ever try to sell the Rig.