Making use of wasted space in 3795

Loco

We love our 3795 but I wanted more storage space in the rear to carry more small things like paper towels,small ice chests,lights, things that are needed when camping and keep more weight in the rear. So not to over over load the transverse compartment up front. So I looked at the space where in some units have the bed in the rear and said thats a good place for a over head storage.

Attachments

• 2007 trailer pics 048.jpg
    2007 trailer pics 048.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 2007 trailer pics 049.jpg
    2007 trailer pics 049.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 2007 trailer pics 050.jpg
    2007 trailer pics 050.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 211

Luckyhat12

do the garage walls have studs that you could find or just laminate construction? I am tount to try and mount a tire rack on the left side wall in the garage and don't know what to look for to screw to.

thanks

Loco

Our rig has Aluminum studs in the wall. I have a really good stud finder and found them with it. I could even see where they were on a cool morning on the outside when the dew would lay on the outside walls. You could see the lay out of the studs. They would show up as light wet lines on the outer skin.

Luckyhat12

What kind of anchors are you using to hold your side brackets to the wall? I have been looking at some fasteners but I haven't found any thing that makes me feel like the tire rack will stay put at the moment.

Loco

Spare tire in the rear

I used self drilling screws,but you have to figure that my install has the weight spread out over the whole wall from the rear above the door forward 28" and 1" x 4" wall plates with 6 screws in each. Plus I do not put heavy things up there. My load limit is about 125 lbs or so. I am going to put another spare on my rig this winter. I have all ready started making the brackets to hang it under the rear of the trailer.I got a cable lowering type spare hanger (one like is on there now) and I am going to mount it under the rear just behind my spare I have now. I just do not want to take up room in the back.On our rig I have tons of space under the rear for another wheel and tire.Anyway if I was going to put one inside. I would make me a nice plywood,painted backing plate to mount the tire bracket to first and then mount the plywood to the wall. This would spread the load out and protect the wall from damage from the tire.There is no way I would just mount the tire bracket to the wall.These walls are not strong enough for that.The studs are hollow thin wall aluminum.

Luckyhat12

Loco... this is the kind of tire rack that I am trying to put up on the wall. I race motorcycles as a hobby and I have a couploe sets of wheels for each bike. I would have 1 set of extra sportbike wheels and another set of knobbies for the dirtbike. It is a mini motard so I have a set of slicks for mini roadracing as well as knobbies for the dirt and trails. For the big bike I have extra sets for rain and what not when I go to the tracks.

here is the link

http://pitproducts.com/6sptira.html

I will keep looking for other ways but I found these last night.

http://www.mechanicalplastics.com/products.html

The snaptoggle toggle bolts are inserts that are held in place with plastic inserts and the bolt is removable. I think that this may be the best way to go. I am still waiting on a layout to see how far the studs are apart. The trailer is at the dealer at the moment so I can't just go outside and measure.

Thanks for the help so far. I am like you and usually just do my own work but I just bought it so it had to go back for this trip.