2014 BH 3010RE Bed Size

GoPackGo

Hi Everybody - I just picked up my new 2014 3010RE so I'm in process of doing all the logistics type stuff. I measured the bed width when the slide was 'in' so I may not have gotten an exact measurement but I swear it came out to being 72 x 80. The problem is that the factory site states the bed is 70 x 80. Can anyone confirm either of these numbers ?

And my main question is - Where is the best place to shop for sheets, etc.

Please be gentle, I'm a guy and don't know too much about this kind of stuff ! :D

Thanks in Advance.

Tim.

4ever

We have a Grand Canyon with the king bed and DW buys standard king sheets at the department store. Have had no problems.

Ted

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
a standard King is 76x80 ( California King is 72x84 ) the RV King is 72x80. The Heartland site does list it as 70x80 and I have to assume that is the spec'ed size for the bed. I do not have a King in my Cyclone - it came stock with a Queen ( standard sized ) and I replaced it with a true hand tied inner spring mattress ( same as I sleep on at home ). I would suggest that your options are to purchase standard sheets and have them a little wide on the fitted or purchase RV King Sheets from Amazon, camping world, or other outlets that sell the "custom" sized sheets. if you decide to go the route of standard sheets - you can also try this method to make them fit better ( there is a commercial before the video)

Hope this helps.

Kevin

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey, GoPackGo, we watch for sales and buy regular king sheets. Don't pay the high pricing for "RV" sheets. Get a set of flannels for those late fall and early spring trips. We also have a 2013 3010re and love it.Happy Camping :)

Theresau

We bought the California King mattress pad and sheets. A bit longer (I just tucked under at the foot) but fits the width real well - especially the mattress pad - didn't want it to overlap in the tight space near the windows. Wasn't anymore expensive...

scottyb

Curious why the Cyclones come with standard kings and the rest come with RV kings? We bought ours ignorantly thinking that all Kings were the same, except the CA king.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
scottyb,

The Cyclones come with a queen bed - and I assume it was standard - but as I stated I replaced it with a standard mattress as soon as I got it. only slept on the factory bed one night on my way home from the dealer.

Kevin.

pegmikef

We opted for a queen ipo king in our BH and use regular queen sheets in it. In our NT the bed is not a true queen, but DW just tucks the extra under the mattress.

Tomharg

If I'm not too late: we have a 2013 BH 3010RE, use regular King sheets on the bed and they fit just fine. This surprised me, too, and quite happily, as I was expecting the usual RV sizing for the bed. In our case, a king bed was mandatory since we both thrash around and my wife uses a CPAP machine.
What we have is dandy and we'll be using it full time starting in October.
Happy trails!
Tom

mayflower

Hi GoPackGo, You are right. The new 2014 BH 3010re comes standard with 72" x 80" king mattress. The newest brochure states this too.