New User Guide - Water Systems Guide

danemayer

As part of our effort to create a library of User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides, I've just uploaded a new user guide to the User Guides subdirectory of the Manuals section of the forum.

The Water Systems Guide explains in detail how to operate and maintain the various parts of the water system on Heartland RVs. It also explains how to winterize the RV, including detailed information to winterize the washing machine and ice maker if you have them. There is also a section on protecting your water system when using the trailer during sub-freezing weather.

Here's a link to the folder containing the Water Systems Guide.

danemayer

For those who would like just the Winterizing section of the Water Systems Guide, or the Winter Usage section, I've extracted those sections and posted them as standalone user guides. The Water Systems Guide still contains that information, but for anyone who just wants the quick references, the shorter "winter" documents are also now available.

Kbvols

Dan,

i will second what Don said these guides and manuals are great. Thank you for all your hard work and effort assembling these.

HappyKayakers

I just finished reading the freezing weather section of the water system guide. Does anyone have alternatives to the incandescent bulbs? I know they're a great (and cheap) solution for some problems but those types of bulbs are being phased out and may not be available to everyone.

danemayer

I just finished reading the freezing weather section of the water system guide. Does anyone have alternatives to the incandescent bulbs? I know they're a great (and cheap) solution for some problems but those types of bulbs are being phased out and may not be available to everyone.
Incandescent bulbs generate heat, which is what you want. If you go to LEDs or fluorescents, you'll get light, but not much heat. My advice, buy ahead.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
They're still available, so I'd go buy a couple (or more) bulk packs before they're not. Not sure what I'll do for the house can lights if "big brother" phases them out. I've used some of the CFL bulbs and am not impressed, especially in my garage.

danemayer

Here's a little detail:
The efficiency standards will start with 100-watt bulbs and end with 40-watt bulbs. The timeline for these standards was to start in January 2012, but on 16 December 2011, the U.S. House passed the final 2012 budget legislation, which effectively delayed the implementation until October 2012.[SUP][55][/SUP]
Light bulbs outside of this range are exempt from the restrictions. Also exempt are several classes of specialty lights, including appliance lamps, rough service bulbs, 3-way, colored lamps, stage lighting, plant lights, candelabra lights under 60 watts, outdoor post lights less than 100 watts, nightlights and shatter resistant bulbs [SUP][56][/SUP].
I think existing inventories of conventional bulbs can stay on the market, but manufacture and import may be banned. I wouldn't be surprised if a few entrepreneurs sell existing inventory on Ebay, at a premium price.

But like I said, buy ahead.