Front end cap

SeldomSeen

I have a 2011 29rl Greystone and the front cap is fading badly, any suggestions on how to restore or what products would be best to use? Really love the unit, however hate the fading problem.:cool: We live in Arizona so the unit gets a LOT of sun.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Go to www.woodywax.com they have a bunch of different products, but their fiberglass restorer product is amazing. Developed in South Florida for the marine industry. I can attest, took a boat that was out in the sun for about 3 years (heavily oxidized) and brought it back to new. A little pricey but worth it. They also have waxes to put on afterwards to protect it.

Lynn1130

You might want to contact Heartland. There has been some issues with the gray front and rear caps on several models. I believe that Heartland has assisted in repairs in some cases.

GOTTOYS

My front cap was painted and clear coated last year. Heartland helped me out with it. My rear cap was just as bad this year. There was no UV inhibitor in the gray gel coat is what I was told. I found the directions to clean and coat my rear cap on another website. I coated it with ZEP clear acrylic floor wax. Yes, floor wax. The results were nothing more than spectacular! Someone posted the directions on here recently, also. My total cost was around $25.00 and I have material left over to do about this about 20-30 more times. It's supposed to last a couple years, after which you just wash it with soap and water and wipe on a couple more coats...We'll see. They are raving about it on RVNet....Don

Grey Ghost

Hey Don, what did you use to clean and coat your end cap? I have contacted Heartland and they were very very helpful. The offered to assist in the repair and also to ship free decals. I thought if was a very fair offer and therefore took them up on the settlement. Now wonder how I'm going to repair the damaged front end cap. You stated you found directions to clean and coat your end cap and then applied a coat of ZEP floor wax and said it worked great. I am just wondering if you recall the website you found with directions on how to clean and coat it.

Grey Ghost

Thanks for the advice and they are going to help out with the repair. Wow, that was easy! I really didn't expect to get anything since it was a 2011 model, but they jumped right up and made the offer. I was shocked! Nice to work with a company that cares about their reputation.