ATF: Road Warrior - Radius Window Slots Leak Water

Bigjimt03

I own a 2014 Road Warrior model 415RW Toy Hauler.

Each of my Radius Windows has two slot openings that are open to the outside. They are located on each side of every window and the slots are stamped into the bottom of the frame. Each of these slots are about 1.5 inches long and 1/8 inches wide. I can easily take a piece of poster paper cut into a 3/4 inch strip and pass it into the camper.

Recently we were camped out by one of our area lakes when a line of thunderstorms came through the area. The wind speed was estimated by the local weather service to be 35 to 40 mph. The wind driven rain was actually pouring into the camper through these slots on all of the windows that were facing the weather.

I can't figure why someone would place windows on a RV that not only leaked air but allows for bugs rain to enter. Just wash and rinse a camper with these windows and then look on the inside of the windows - you will see the water. My former camper made it through two minimal hurricanes and never had a drop of water enter the camper. I assure you that this camper will be filled with water if left as is during a minimal hurricane.

What is the reason for these slots?
Is there a fix you can recommend for this?
Maybe I could fill the slots with black silicone leaving a smaller drainage area?

Thanks,

James Taylor

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
James,
The slots are weep holes and they are on most windows to allow any accumulated moisture out.
I'm not sure why they are allowing water into the rig so easily though.
I have them on my BH and have been in all kinds of wind and rain and never noticed any leakage.
Trace
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: