wrong parts

Retyred

Just a little frustrated today after a visit to the dealer. My Grand Canyon has been at the dealer since October 9th. Had to get some warranty work done with some parts being ordered from the factory. I realize that any job does take time so I go out of my way not to bother the dealer letting him do his job. Last week he called and told me that the parts were on the way and would arrive today. They arrived late last week, the dealer brought the rig in the shop on Friday to do the job and what he was sent were the wrong parts. The fan was missing the lights and the vacuum cleaner was the wrong model. Now we are back to square one. I am sure that there will be finger pointing from both parties but as usual the customer is stuck in the middle.

Retyred

barrielou

In April of 07 we bought our Golden Gate. It has been at the dealer for 2 weeks in April for adjustments. then two more weeks in September and has not left the shop since October 10th of 07. It is now January and we are still waiting for parts. These parts have been ordered, but wrong colors, or wrong parts or weeks of no response to many requests have left us with our warranty ticking and still no rig. I am trying to be patient but it is wearing us down.
Barrielou

jbeletti

barrielou,

Have your VIN number ready and please contact Heartland's Customer Service Department today at 877-262-8032. Ask them to pull the records and give you an update as to what is truly going on here.

Jim Beletti

barrielou

Thanks Jim!
I am impressed!! I made the call for records etc. to find what was the delay in our parts and repair of our /07 Golden Gate. My questions were answered immediately as well as a call to the repair shop. Time will tell how fast the parts are sent to get this is repaired, but I have to report I am pleased with Heartlands response so far. Sure look forward to enjoying the rig instead of "visiting" it in repair bay.
Barrielou

driver311

If it was that easy to get the parts ordered then why didn't the dealer just do it in the first place?

driver311:):)

jbeletti

That's great news Barrielou. Please let us know how everyone follows through on this. We here at the forum want to see you out there camping and enjoying your rig - not visiting it at the shop.

Jim

barrielou

Here we go... two weeks later and still no parts, I called our Heartland rep for western Canada and hopefully things will get moving.My warranty has ticked away while it sits in a repair shop... I am frustrated!!

jpmorgan37

Barrilou;

Contact Heartlands Customer Service and request to speak to Jim Fenner. Explain your issues to him and let him get to the bottom of the problem. Jim is the Customer Service Manager. The phone number is the same: 877-262-8032

John

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Just curious, but with Scott leaving, is anybody from the factory going to respond to their threads? When I had my problem with axles, 1 post in the Ask the Factory thread and Scott jumped on it and bingo everything went tickety Boo from there on in..../Doug

jbeletti

Doug,

Yes, the ATFs will still be read and responded to by the factory. In addition to Scott getting an email on every ATF post, the product manager for a given line also got an email. Sometime last year, Scott had the product managers responding to the questions and he would chime in only as needed. This made sense based on the breadth of their product lines now compared to 4 years ago. One man just became the narrow tip of a wide-mouth funnel. So far, pretty good.

Coley Brady is the product manager for Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country. He's pretty responsive so expect him to be on top of posts in those 3 ATFs.

Great question. Happy camping.

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey Jim,

Good news/bad news.. Your pups are still sleeping but dude, there's nothing in your driveway but snow! :eek::D

Dave

jbeletti

Yep - the truck is missing! Snow coming down steady all day today.

Got no trailer to tow and the truck needs exercising :) I'll be glad I have it for the drive home from work :)

barrielou

Thanks Jim,
Communication between departments has been the problem all along. I called the numbers you suggested and got action from Heartland only to find it stalled at my dealers end. I think Garry has it in hand now.... time will tell. I wonder how many blame Heartland when the issue is elsewhere.
Barrielou