Landing Gear Issue

tljack

When I use the switch on the front of the coach to raise or lower my landing gear, I can hear the pump working but nothing happens until, I believe the circuit breaker trips shortly. I have a 6 point leveling system and can operate the landing gear with it with no issues. We are getting ready to leave for 6 to 8 months and I would rather not take it to my dealer that is quit a distance away. Hoping someone has experienced this and knows what the trouble is.

danemayer

Hi tljack,

If you can operate the landing gear with the leveling system controls, that argues that pump and valves are working.

If only the pump runs when pressing the front switch, that argues that the switch is not successfully signaling the valve(s) to open. I would look at the back of the switch to see how the wires look because it sounds like a wiring problem. If everything looks ok at the back of the switch, then you'll have to find the valve(s) for the front jacks and trace the wiring back to see where you're losing the connection.

tljack

With Lipperts help I have been able to locate the trouble. It is intermittent but originates at the solenoid. Right now it has started working again but I am going to replace it as soon as one arrives.