ATF: North Trail - Fiberglass separation of rear wall?

Rogue9

We've had the camper for a little over 2 months and I just noticed the rear wall fiberglass pushes inward at least an inch before it touches anything solid. This appears to be the case over the entire rear wall of the camper. It's like it isn't glued to the frame. Doesn't appear to be any leaks and I will be dropping off to our dealer for some minor fixes and will have them look at it. Not sure if this is a delamination issue or not. Should I be concerned?

kyanks

I own a 2011 26rts and I'm having the same problem only mine is in the front. The separation of the exterior skin is wavy and there is no hard sub structure when I push on it . I'm having the dealer look at it on Monday. They said it could be from not being properly sealed but they need to inspect. I'll let you know what I find out!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would be concerned. I would get your dealer and HL service involved ASAP. Take some pix and email them to HL service. When you call HL make sure you have your VIN# handy.

terry

What did they find ?
I own a 2011 26rts and I'm having the same problem only mine is in the front. The separation of the exterior skin is wavy and there is no hard sub structure when I push on it . I'm having the dealer look at it on Monday. They said it could be from not being properly sealed but they need to inspect. I'll let you know what I find out!

Rogue9

Finally dropped my camper off at the dealer. The Service Manager wrote it up but did not say whether he thought there was a problem or not. I assumed the rear wall would be vacuum bonded like all the other sides including the roof and floor. While there, I looked at an 'Elite' model of the 22FBS. It also had some slight movement of the fiberglass near the tail lights, but not all over the entire rear wall like mine. Hopefully the factory rep will take a look and respond.

Rogue9

Picked up the camper after the minor repair items were done and talked to the Service Manager about the rear wall fiberglass. He said the Factory told them the rear fiberglass is not laminated to the subsurface and is only attached on the perimeter. Not sure why this is done that way. The dealer looked at other brands on his lot and found this on others too. So, it sounds like I don't have anything to worry about.