2014 3010RE Stove Backsplash

happykraut

In order to brighten up the kitchen a bit, I removed the brown drab looking backsplash behind the stove IMG_0188.jpg and installed these IMG_0193.jpg self adhesive vinyl type of tiles. They are available at some Home Depots, but are a bit pricey at about $10 per square foot. Purchase them by the box of 12 and the cost goes down or shop around on the internet. The manufacturer recommends at least 15 in from an open flame. Very easy to clean. The URL on the box is www.thesmarttiles.com. Checked it out before I posted, but now the site won't open.

Last edited:

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
didn't take you long to start making that new rig your own Bernie. Looks great

bwc1950

That looks much better. I agree, the brown backsplash needs help! What did you do to remove to old backsplash? And how did you prepare the wall for the new backsplash?

GETnBYE

Both look great, but to be honest I looked at the first picture and told my hubby to look at this, wouldn't that be nice to have behind the stove. Then I saw the other picture and wow, it looks great. Enjoy.

Al.K

We received our 2014 3010RE back in May and after looking at your photos I have a question. You have a solid surface counter cover on your stove. But ours, and any other photos of the same floor plan, have what we have. A black folding metal cover over the burners that looks to be part of the stove as it was built. Was this an option on your build? Yours looks very nice. Also nice work on the backsplash.

happykraut

Both look great, but to be honest I looked at the first picture and told my hubby to look at this, wouldn't that be nice to have behind the stove. Then I saw the other picture and wow, it looks great. Enjoy.
If you still like my old backsplash, you are welcome to it.

happykraut

That looks much better. I agree, the brown backsplash needs help! What did you do to remove to old backsplash? And how did you prepare the wall for the new backsplash?
The old backsplash didn't come off real easy. I used a putty knife as I was prying it away from the wall with a small crowbar. Be sure to put a small board under the putty knife to keep it from going through the wall. For preparing the wall, I had to get rid of lots of what looked like silicone with a razor blade. I never damaged the wall, but you have to be careful.

happykraut

We received our 2014 3010RE back in May and after looking at your photos I have a question. You have a solid surface counter cover on your stove. But ours, and any other photos of the same floor plan, have what we have. A black folding metal cover over the burners that looks to be part of the stove as it was built. Was this an option on your build? Yours looks very nice. Also nice work on the backsplash.
Our 3010 came off the line at the very very end of May. It is not an option, just a very neat change by Heartland. It is a two piece unit. Thanks for the compliment.

pegmikef

We just got ours last week and it has the the solid surface cover. I think the stove itself was also upgraded. We had what you are describing in our North Trail and the lighter knob was on the right of the stove and on this one, it is on the left. Ours came off the line the second to last week in June.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Really like the looks of that, Bernie! Went to their website and ordered a FREE sample.

Even though we used pressed tin behind the stove, I am considering this for behind the bathroom sink. I seem to "splash" there.

happykraut

Really like the looks of that, Bernie! Went to their website and ordered a FREE sample. Even though we used pressed tin behind the stove, I am considering this for behind the bathroom sink. I seem to "splash" there.
I also put the same product behind the bathroom sink. Just have not posted it yet.

4ever

Looks great. I agree it is a lot brighter looking. Also like that you made it larger then the original.

Theresau

This looks very similar to what HL is putting as a kitchen sink backsplash in our 2014 BC 3251 TS. Matches counter. From a distance looks like real tile.