2014 3010RE Bathroom Backsplash

happykraut

The original backspalsh was just a piece of wallpaper which was already bubbling up and coming loose. It looked like this.IMG_0203.jpg I removed the paper and installed a self adhesive vinyl type tile. It is by the same company as the mod I did on my stove backsplash(documented in another thread). I also replaced the original faucet with one that reaches further into the bowl. The finished job looks like this. IMG_0222.jpg Some Home Depots carry this tile @ $10 per square foot or much less for a 12 pack. Very easy to install and can be cut with a pair of scissors. The shiny spots on the top left of the tile is the reflection off the ceiling lights. Here is the URL of the manufacturer of the tile. www.thesmarttiles.com

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All right Bernie, enough with all these cool mods. Your making the rest of us look bad.
Nice job, looks great.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

Looks good Bernie. Don't you just love making mods on a new unit?
Don, it has been fun. Tomorrow I'll start installing a 1200W inverter. It will come in handy when we spend the night at a Walmart to run a little fan and brew a cup of coffee in the morning. I also have a 2500W, but don't know how it'll work with 2 batteries. After that, I'm ready for the WI rally. Thanks for all the compliments and kind words.

Mrsfish

You know we can never go to the same rally, park or heck maybe even the same state. Otherwise you 'ld know we're copying you. But then again, copy is the best form of flattery, isn't it? Awesome mods - the same ones we were honestly talking about doing this winter during off season. Thanks for the pics.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This was the style I ordered as a sample. Love this mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happykraut

Ann and Rick. Glad I gave you some ideas. That's what this forum is all about. And yes, I'm flattered. Thanks.

happykraut

Steve, we love the floorplan. If I could make one change, I would prefer to have the TV on the side.
PS..did you get my email?

Garypowell

Bernie. Looks great. I have done the kitchen but did not think of the bath!

what is the "white thing" to the left of the GFI in the bathroom? We have 2013 3010. And is that a towel rack on the left side of sink base?

happykraut

Bernie. Looks great. I have done the kitchen but did not think of the bath!
what is the "white thing" to the left of the GFI in the bathroom? We have 2013 3010. And is that a towel rack on the left side of sink base?
Gary, the white thing is a toothbrush holder. We both use electric brushes, but we do make use of it sometimes. Yes, that is a towel rack on the left. Judi wanted it for wash rags. Not a whole lot of room there, but enough for certain racks. And of course the towel bar has to be shortened.

Garypowell

Thanks Bernie,

don't get me wrong we have loved both of our HL's but we have always kept a spare wash rag on the bathroom sink top as it seems no matter how hard we try we cannot keep the top of the sink dry. And, of course, the water always seems to collect along the joint area of the sink and wall....which is not good.

The sink area is so small in the 3010 I had not thought about a towel rack next to the sink by the shower door so seeing that was helpful... I really don't want to hook anything to the walls!

we are getting ready to full time again so I am looking at everything with new eyes. We have a great magnifying mirror that we would like to take along and I thought the wall might be the only place but last time at the rig I noticed that the cabinet has a lot of good wood surrounding it so I will try that. We can the put a Velcro dot on the wall to hold it in place while traveling.

But thanks again for helping me think this through.

happykraut

Gary, as I mentioned before, there is not a lot of room between the sink and the shower door. You'll probably have to use a 90 degree screwdriver to get that screw in towards the back. The little bits with a ratcheting wrench works fairly good. I installed one in the same place on by 2012 BC. Good luck.