ATF: ElkRidge - Leak in bedroom slide

CaptW

My 34Qsrl has leaked in the bedroom slide. The floor has to be replaced. Is there any help available from the factory? Thank you

danemayer

Hi CaptW,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Leaks do happen and catching them early is key, although sometimes the leak may not be obvious until after damage has occurred. Leaks can also be difficult to track down because water doesn't necessarily travel in a straight line. We/ve seen some threads this year where there were caulking problems, others where seals weren't quite right, others where tape on top of the slide was peeling back. There are lots of possible causes.

But now you're where you are. What to do?

If you've identified the source of the leak, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. You can discuss what you've found, and ask for advice on the repair process. You can also open the discussion on whether Heartland is willing to help. It's a bit of a long shot, but it doesn't cost you anything to ask, so why not.

If you aren't sure about the source of the leak, asking Heartland to help might not go very far. In the absence of more specific information, the presumption is likely to be that it was caused by lack of maintenance, which wouldn't be covered under warranty, even if your rig was still in warranty.

So while it's a long shot no matter what, if you can find the source of the problem, you'll have a more productive discussion with Heartland.

Good luck.

CaptW

Thank you for your advice. My unit is a 2011 34qrsl. I will give heartland a call. Thanks again for the phone numbers. CaptW