5 year service plan

Taking delivery next week of a 2014 North Trail 30RKDD. Still contemplating the purchase of a 5 year service plan, at a cost of approx. $1500. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Worth the $$?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Stick the $1500 in a savings account and use it if and when you need to.
Really need to read the fine print to see what is actually covered.
If you really need the security of an extended warranty, I would look into buying one from Good Sam Club. You can even go to their website and get a quote to do a comparison on price. Then there is the issue of what is covered by each policy. They are actually service agreements.
North Trail is a quality product and most of the appliances and such have longer than the one year warranty of the trailer.
We had a North Trail for 3.5 years and never needed a repair or service call.
Good Luck and enjoy your new trailer!

GOTTOYS

No way...HUGE profit maker for dealer. Read the fine print it probably won't cover squat. Don't just take the salespersons' word for what it covers....In reality it will only be 3-4 years coverage. Your whole coach has a 1 year warranty and many of your appliance have two years with the option from their manufacturer to extend for not much $$. Put your $1500.00 in the bank and if you need it draw out of it for repairs. I bet you won't need it for much....Don

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Taking delivery next week of a 2014 North Trail 30RKDD. Still contemplating the purchase of a 5 year service plan, at a cost of approx. $1500. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Worth the $$?

On a high end trailer that would be approximately $400 profit for the dealer. Assuming that service plan is equal to your 1 year warranty.

Normally I will never take a service plan. But on a RV I will if I can get it at a deal that I am comfortable paying. There is nothing really high end quality on any unit. They break and they get expensive to fix.

Putting $1500 in a bank is not going to yield you much in interest earnings over a few years. What are the terms of this service plan. A good plan will be reimbursed back to you for what you don't use if you trade that trailer back into your dealer. It will start after the 1 yr is up after purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Kbvols

I would really research what the plan covers vs the warranty. Most of the time you can add after the purchase so don't feel pressured by the dealer. I have no idea what a North Trail cost but another way to look at it if you pay $25,000 for your trailer then $1500 for ext warranty you just added an additional 6% to the purchase price.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
NO! Look at Good Sam policies. These ARE NOT warranties....they are insurance policies. Some of them are only good at YOUR DEALER and no where else.