New Owner(almost) of a 2013 Gateway 3200 RS

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hello everyone.....my wife (grumpy two) and I just bought this unit on Friday. We went to pick it up yesterday but ran into a problem and the dealer had to keep it till they could talk to Lippert on Monday. We went to look at a Keystone Laredo 312 RE. We like what we saw and was going to buy it when the salesman said "let me show you a couple more before you decide. He showed us the Sundance and the Gateway. We figured they were a little beyond our budget. He said "let me see what I can do". Anyone ever hear that before??????? Well needless to say he came back with a price on the Sundance and the Gateway we could handle. Out only indecision was which one we would like the best. I asked to see those two again. And let us go by ourselves. He did and we did the pro and con comparison for the two. There were some things on the Sundance we liked better and some on the Gateway. After all the ciphering we could do, we opted for the Gateway. We sure were excited about it.:) But it sure bummed us out :( when we had to leave it yesterday. But, hopefully they can fix the slide out issue and we will get it next week.:)

jimtoo

HI GrumpyOneandTwo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you do go to pickup your new toy, do a very close inspection of everything. Make sure you can operate everything and everything operates. Check it with everything hooked up, water, elec and even the drains. Some dealers even have a site you can stay on for a day or so to make sure everything works good and no leaks.

If you need help with anything the Heartland family is here.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

GrumpyOneandTwo

Thanks, jimtoo........I do believe they have a area with power and water that is available for new owners. I think I may want to do this...Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What was wrong with the slide....poor fit? Remember the forum is for you to ask questions and get great answer's.

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey Bob&Patty, Yes, the off door slide wouldn't retract all the way in at the top. They tried to adjust it but didn't have any luck. They were going to call Lippert today for a solution. I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm not sure if that is good or bad news...lol...I'm sure as soon as we take possession of our Gateway I'll be asking for lot's of help and advice. Thanks...

Bob&Patty

Unless Lippert has changed the design on slides....even a 5 yr old can adjust the tilt on a slide. You could do it yourself in about 30 minutes. Look in the owner manual section on the portal page. I bet its in there. I down loaded the directions from the Lippert site.

GrumpyOneandTwo

As it turns out, 2 of the four rams are bent......according to the dealer service rep.....looks like it may be a while till we get to use our new rig.:( The bad part is we had it narrowed down to either the 2013 Gateway or the 2014 Sundance....we picked the Gateway......who knows....the Sundance may have been worse!!!!

Bob&Patty

Bent rams?? HUUUM....I wonder what caused that. I bet Lippert will want to look at the "bent rams".

danemayer

Maybe there was some distortion as the report went from the tech to the service writer/manager, to you. A little bit of the old kids game of "whisper down the lane."

GrumpyOneandTwo

This is a copy of the email answer I got yesterday......"Good afternoon! My tech talked with heartland and have isolated the issue, it looks as if the ram heads for the slide to sit flush at the top (2 of the 4) are slightly bent. We are awaiting a reply from Lippert the company that makes the tracks and gears as to how to repair the ram heads. Once I receive an answer I will let you know immediately." .....you be the judge.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, rams and ram heads are two different things. Connected, but different.
I've had bent heads. Lippert pulled them off and hammered them straight.

Peace
Dave