Looking to Replace Sofa Bed Mattress (Foam not Air Mattress)

Theresau

We'd like to replace the (very poor) foam mattress in the BC. Currently we have used the air mattress but it's a pain because it has to be stored, etc. as the BC sofa bed is a folding sofa bed and cannot store it. Would rather have something that can be stored in the sofa.

We originally looked into one that was spring and air but it could not be folded into the sofa.

Has anyone successfully replaced this mattress? Amazon has a few foam types but I'm concerned that they may be too thick...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I believe anything you would find that would fold into the space available would end up being just as bad as the OEM. I'm not a fan of air mattresses either but in my tenting days I used a self inflating mattress called Thermarest. They come in a variety of sizes and you just unscrew the filler and it self inflates. You can add a few breaths of air to firm it up if needed. They may be available in larger than single. Not sure though.

danemayer

Hi Joe and Theresa,

Are you talking about replacing the king size mattress in the bedroom? Or the sofa bed mattress in the living room?

Theresau

Looking to replace the sofa bed mattress. We do have the flair air mattress but we have to store under the bed in the bedroom and it's a pain to carry it to the rear.

Amazon has replacements but not sure if they will fit - reason I put together this thread.

Theresa

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Theresa.... Might not be the same as we have different trailers, but our sofa bed mattress stores under the sofa. Does yours not have a storage drawer under it?

Theresau

No - the BH has the air mattress that stores within the sofa - is that what you have?

The BC has a regular sofa bed that unfolds and folds up inside the sofa (cushions get removed, etc.). We had a BH prior to the new BC and had ordered the BH sofa in the BC but later it was learned that it wouldn't fit so we had to move forward with the BC sofa with the addition of the air mattress. We were very spoiled with the BH sofa bed and greatly miss having that air mattress attached to the sofa and storage beneath.

Theresa

Theresa.... Might not be the same as we have different trailers, but our sofa bed mattress stores under the sofa. Does yours not have a storage drawer under it?