Innotech RV TPMS

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
I was very fortunate to win the Innotech RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System at the Goshen Rally. Rode with them home to Ohio and liked them. I have a couple of questions for those that system:

1) I "topped" off the tires so that my air compressor was right on the screws at 80 lbs psi cold. Put the sensors on and they came up to 76.7 lbs. psi. Which should I believe?

2) I put on the anti theft rings. ****. Between those tiny set screws, the bitty allen wrench and my sausage links for fingers, it was not a pleasant experience. Now, if most of you answer question #1 by saying I need the sensors to say 80 lbs, I'm going to have to loosen those mothers off there. I know those things are $29 apiece and some of you have locks on your locks protecting your locks. But those things can't be a way of life, can they? Will they ride loose, or will the set screws vibrate out of there if they're not tight.

What do most of you do? Thanks in advance.

Garypowell

I don't have your system but when it comes to readings "matching"......first it will probably never happen. I have seen gauges in my life worth thousands of dollars and you can't get them to agree.

What it turns out is a game of "who do you trust".

The best you can hope for is "repeatability" so at least you achieve some confidence in a measurement system.

With air systems it is even harder as every time you measure you change the air pressure.

danemayer

Bob,

While I don't know the specifics of the Innotech sensors, I'd guess they have some specification on accuracy. I'd be surprised if the gauge on your air compressor has a published spec. I'd go with the Innotech readings.

porthole

Retired
I agree with Dan and as to the anti theft stuff, I have the TST system and ditched the anti theft covers at the initial installation.

Can you install the sensors without the anti theft rings?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I recently had my tires balanced and at the same time requested them to make sure they were at 110 #s. I checked each one as they aired them up and they were all within .5 of a pound to what the innotech said. I am very happy with the system and someday when I am bored and have absolutely nothing to do I "might" put the anti theft screws in, or maybe not. lol

Kbvols

Hey Bob,
I bought the Innotech at the rally and have been satisfied with them. I believe they have an accuracy rate of +or - 4% which on 80lbs could be as high as 83 or down to 76 lbs for the most part mine have been within that variance when cold. I haven't even messed with the anti theft ring.... I figured they would just make my pi$$tivity level go thru the roof. I still check the pressure levels with a gauge prior to turning the unit on just to ensure I know at 80lbs. Monitor provides some level of piece of mind.

Snow

I was very fortunate to win the Innotech RV Tire Pressure Monitoring System at the Goshen Rally. Rode with them home to Ohio and liked them. I have a couple of questions for those that system:

1) I "topped" off the tires so that my air compressor was right on the screws at 80 lbs psi cold. Put the sensors on and they came up to 76.7 lbs. psi. Which should I believe?

2) I put on the anti theft rings. ****. Between those tiny set screws, the bitty allen wrench and my sausage links for fingers, it was not a pleasant experience. Now, if most of you answer question #1 by saying I need the sensors to say 80 lbs, I'm going to have to loosen those mothers off there. I know those things are $29 apiece and some of you have locks on your locks protecting your locks. But those things can't be a way of life, can they? Will they ride loose, or will the set screws vibrate out of there if they're not tight.

What do most of you do? Thanks in advance.
First of all congradulations on winning, I've been looking at some systems also ,I would say the sensors are pretty close to what they say , in that a good system ?? ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄