ATF: North Country - Rear Ladder

kuderer

Hi,

I have a 2014 Trail Runner 26SLE. When I purchased the RV, the brochures and literature said it had a fully walkable roof. I asked the dealer to install a ladder so I can access the roof for cleaning and general maintenance such as caulking. They told me the roof is not walkable and if they install a ladder it would void my warrenty for any roof related issues.

Has something changed where the roof is no longer deemed walkable?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Sounds goofy to me. We had a 2011 North Trail w/o a ladder and it was good to walk on the roof. We now have a 2014 Bighorn which came with a ladder and the roof appears to be the same materials and construction as our old trailer. I have been up on it twice and it is very sturdy. You could call customer service at 872-262-8032 and get the straight answer, but I think your dealer might be misinformed. (have your vin number handy just in case they ask)
In my opinion, it's gotta be walkable or how would you perform maintenance on the roof and the a/c and stuff?

kuderer

It sounds strange to me. The dealer said they got the word directly from the manufacturer. They contacted Heartland to get the spec on where to mount the ladder on the back. Heartland told them the roof was not walkable...but no one has been willing to give me more details.

kowAlski631

Call Heartland yourself with VIN# in hand & ask the question. Perhaps there is a caveat to the answer your dealer gave you.

kuderer

Thanks Everyone,

I called Hearland customer service. They confirmed it is a walk on roof.

Not sure why/how the dealer came up with different information...I'll see what they have to say.

kowAlski631

With Heartland being so user friendly, we go directly to them with questions specific to our rig rather than relying on a 3rd party to relay the communication.