Fixing the sliding door in master bath

Hello! We have a 2009 3950 Cyclone. We are having an issue with the sliding bathroom door. It hangs down in the back, while the front of the door is still on the track. Also, do to this problem, it doesn't sit flush to be able to lock it. Any suggestions on how to fix the door/track, since the door is inside the wall??? HELP!!!!!

danemayer

Hi hrtlndwheelin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly with some ideas for you.

Garypowell

We don't have your model but we had a sliding door in our previous 3055. I am not sure if HL did not put the screw in at the end oh the track or if it simply fell out but our door would always fall off the end of the track back in the wall. The screw was at the end of the track and was a "stop" for the back roller.

This would make it very difficult to operate the door. And it was a two person operation to get it back on the track. I finally devised a bolt through the wall and into the door to keep it from moving back into the wall far enough to fall off.

Your bathroom door is going to be used more than my passage door....so my solution will not work well. But if your problem is like mine was you need to keep the door from going too far back into the wall and falling off of the track.

The is a twist lock mechanism that will allow you to remove the door from the roller assembly but then you have the problem of wrestling the door out of the wall and once out the other roller assembly is still hooked to the door with no way to easily get it back in the track.

The first time I worked on this I simply spread the track apart put the roller thing in and then bent the track back in shape. Later on I used a broom handle with the roller assembly taped to it pushed it back into the wall and after several tries was able to get it back on the track. This was good until the part came loose and fell under the tub and I could not retrieve it.

I have learned since joining the forum I am not the brightest bulb in the pack so I hope someone else chimes in with better news.

My rig was such that taking the wall down was not a viable option in my case.....might be in yours and then you could actually fix the cause of the problem

Jimmy

You will need to open the door all the way, pull out on the top of Door and push in on bottom of Door until you line up the fallen Door roller into the track, then pull the door out like you are closing it. Now install a decorative knob (Any Drawer knob etc.) on the inside of the Door so the door does not slide inside the wall far enough to fall off the track. If the door does not go in far enough to put in roller, you can push "Pop" the roller back in the track by picking up the fallen side until it is lined up with track and "Pop" it back in. I hope this makes sense, its hard to explain. Good Luck...

whp4262

This happened on our 2009 3914 only the roller stayed in the track and just detached from the plate on top of the door, its locked in with a little plastic tab on the door. I closed the door and used a long piece of wire to hook the roller and pull it to the front where I could reattach it to the door plate. The little hex nut on the roller stem is for adjusting the door after you get the rollers attached.

jimtoo

This happened on our 2009 3914 only the roller stayed in the track and just detached from the plate on top of the door, its locked in with a little plastic tab on the door. I closed the door and used a long piece of wire to hook the roller and pull it to the front where I could reattach it to the door plate. The little hex nut on the roller stem is for adjusting the door after you get the rollers attached.

It happened to me a couple of times,, not to hard to put back on track. The roller will look about like this one.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
The link Jim posted is very similar to the rollers on the toy haulers.

The white plastic piece on the bottom is the lock. That piece roates away from center to releas the hanger bolt.
It is not uncommon for that lock to just slip out or break. The pin holding the door up is a ball and socket. The ball on the lower end slips through the groove and then sits in the socket. The white clip then keeps the pin from popping out.

A bit hard to see, but you should be able to get a glimpse looking up at the end that is dropped.

As mentioned above, if it has popped out there is a good chance the trolley is at the inner end of the track. A coat hanger can get it back in location.