Dry Weight Question

Lndeatr

Hello all!!

I read somewhere here (can't find it now) that all the rigs are weighed at the factory to show the actual dry weight. Where do I find that number? It's not on the Factory plate on the outside.

Thanks,

Martin

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sticker inside door frame or atleast it is on my 2014 BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

priorguy

There is a yellow sticker in my north trail door frame with the "as-built" weights. The outside placard is the chassis, axel, and base weights..

pegmikef

I just walked out and looked at my new BH and the yellow sticker is on the hinge side of the door frame near the bottom. It also has the weight of the fresh water tank when it is full. I was a little disappointed because the weight on the sticker (12,052) is 600 pounds more than the advertised dry weight (11,440). Now, I am really glad that I had the axles upgraded to 7000 pounds and Goodyear G614s installed because after you figure the propane (100 pounds) and two Trojan batteries (124 pounds), I now have only 1,700 pounds instead of an anticipated 2,200 for everything else (which includes two Honda generators) . . . oh well I am sure we'll survive.

Theresau

Our list weight was 10,990 and we came in just over 12,000. But the greatest shock was when we got it weighed at the Goshen rally with all our stuff loaded and we were just over 14,000. Still hard to believe as we didn't load that much. Thank goodness we upgraded axles to 7000 and Goodyear tires too.

I just walked out and looked at my new BH and the yellow sticker is on the hinge side of the door frame near the bottom. It also has the weight of the fresh water tank when it is full. I was a little disappointed because the weight on the sticker (12,052) is 600 pounds more than the advertised dry weight (11,440). Now, I am really glad that I had the axles upgraded to 7000 pounds and Goodyear G614s installed because after you figure the propane (100 pounds) and two Trojan batteries (124 pounds), I now have only 1,700 pounds instead of an anticipated 2,200 for everything else (which includes two Honda generators) . . . oh well I am sure we'll survive.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our UVW for the BH was 12115, but that was before the W/D, slide toppers, and central vacuum were added by the dealer. At the 2011 Goshen rally, we weighed in at 14525. Pin was 2950.

MCTalley

And from having done the factory tour (BigHorn, Big Country and Landmark plant), it was pointed out that they do weigh each rig as it is ready to leave the building. There is a computer readout there and a printer to spit out the yellow sticker on the spot.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The reason they list a lower dry weight in the advertisements? Marketing! The industry all does it. The dry weight listed is without all the nice options like dual AC, awning toppers, generator, etc., and it's without batteries and propane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Our listed dry weight was 12,972...after adding dual panes, generator, 4 door fridge, etc...our yellow sticker reads just over 13,800. We fulltime and you really don't want to know our actual loaded weight. Just suffice to say we are REALLY happy we added Mor Ryde IS...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From past posts on this subject, a rule of thumb might be to add 2500 lbs. to the dry weight to get an idea of how heavy the rig will be once you put all your stuff in it. Then take it to a CAT scale to be sure.

scottyb

Cyclone 4100 dry weight is 14595. Mine shows 15346. I know I have 2K in the garage. I don't think I want to know what my loaded weight is.