Heads Up on a New User and some help they need

jbeletti

Hey all,

I just took a call from very nice woman (Corinne) from NJ. Her and her husband recently took delivery of a North Trail TT. Their truck is not yet setup for towing the trailer so a friend picked it up and delivered it.

The heads up that I wanted to give you North Trail owners is that this nice couple may be in need of some of your expert guidance as soon as they join the forum.

Turns out that there dealer went completely out of business "before" their delivery. As such, they received no PDI, no walk-through and no dealer accessory kit. They are really in the dark and I feel really bad for them. While Heartland did not make this dealer go out of business, I did contact Jim Fenner in Customer Service and he is on the phone now with Corrine, walking them through some ideas on what to do from here. There were some title/registration issues that we can't work on here but that Heartland can give them guidance on.

I also suggested to Corrine that she attempt to contact Mike Creech, the Heartland North Trail product manager as he may be able to do a verbal walk through with them and suggest a replacement dealer.

That all said, please keep your eyes open for them when they become a new user on this forum and be gracious to them as they are really down right now.

Thanks,

Jim

nscaler2

Ours too

Jim,
I kind of know how these people feel. Our situation wasn't quite as bad, however our dealer went "south" about 3 months after we purchased ours. They did a PDI with us, but it was a very poor one. When the time for warranty service came, they weren't there. Had to take it to another dealer 200 miles away. They did OK but needless to say they weren't really enthused about doing it. It's is too bad that it seems to be too easy to become a dealer, that their credentials aren't checked out better by Heartland.