Micro-Conv Problem

dave2348

Hi everyone just a check from all, we bought a brand new 2950RK Big Country and over the last year we have had to take it in twice for Fridgidaire Micowave Convection appliance not working. The first time they replaced the control board and now we will see. Has anybody had constant problems with this appliance. I am trying to decide if I should ask for a new one and or call Heartland themselves.

Thanks Dave :(:(

Garypowell

Ours has not broken but I called Fridgidair once because the oven temperature was off by 50 degrees. They were very helpful and I would suggest you call them if you have another problem. I always feel it is better to go right to the "source".

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Southernnights just replaced his Frigidaire micro/convection unit because it just stopped working. Maybe he will chime in with more details but if I remember correctly, they went down to Lowe's and purchased a better unit. Can't remember what brand name but it was in the GE family with more wattage.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
As Byrd said, we replaced ours.
Our Frigidaire broke at 14 months. The micro worked but the convection quit. We called Frigidaire and the best they would do was pay for the part but we would have to pay labor including the base service calls.
Quite frankly, I didn't feel like the Frigidaire was worth putting any money into. We did try to put it on our list for things to be repaired/replaced at the rally but that didn't happen either. HL said call Frigidaire.

As Byrd said we replaced it with a Samsung which is built by GE. It is the Profile line.
2013-07-10 10.53.14.jpg