When will Pioneer be recognized on the forum?

Sean

Will Pioneer be recognized?

Pioneer is very similar to Prowler. Asthetics and slightly different floor plans are all that's different.

I am looking at he same trailer and there isn't much info out there. how is the quality of the trailer?
Will Pioneer be recognized?

Pioneer is very similar to Prowler. Asthetics and slightly different floor plans are all that's different.

danemayer

Hi kderrickson,

It's often hard to find objective 3rd party information about RVs, other than manufacturer specs and walk throughs in magazine articles. On this forum, people post about their experiences (good and bad), but until there are a lot of sales of a particular unit, you may not see a lot of posts. Also, most of the time, people post when they have a question, or need help with a problem. A minority post about how well everything is working. So few posts may mean few sales because a product is relatively new, or few questions and problems on that unit.

What you can tell from reading this forum is that Heartland enjoys a very good reputation among owners for good customer support. I'm sure if you look, you'll find the vast majority in this very active forum community are satisfied Heartland owners. That's important because as you shop trailers, you'll notice that appliances and subsystems are often the same from brand to brand. For example, Norcold and Dometic supply most refrigerators across all RV brands. Suburban and Atwood supply most of the water heaters. The differences between brands show up in the manufacturers choice of materials, assembly techniques, and most importantly in customer support. It should count for a lot when you see customer after customer who are satisfied.

Also consider that Heartland is pretty confident in that this forum is owned by the company and they allow critical posts as well as complimentary posts. Heartland management monitors many areas of the forum and uses the feedback (positive and negative) to improve the product line and better understand what owners want.

We also have a very active Owners Club supported by Heartland. Many of us socialize with like-minded people at the frequent local chapter rallies, and hundreds of us get together for the anual North American Rally (in Virginia this coming June).

Will a Pioneer owner see this thread and provide some direct feedback? Hard to say. Check back a few times over the next week or two.

And of course, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Identify yourself as a prospective customer. They'll connect you with the Pioneer Brand Team and they can answer any specific questions you may have.

Good luck in your RV search.

priorguy

Pioneer still isn't on the HL website. It is one if the brands acquired in the Fleetwood purchase. A quick google search turns up 2013 new and used models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I think it is great that Heartland is going to keep an iconic brand like the Prowler alive. I also see a lot of Pioneer trailers out on the road.

A search turns up half a dozen new Pioneer owners on the forum with the OP joining back in 7/12 and others more recently.

Will a Pioneer owner see this thread and provide some direct feedback?

Sending pics to a new Pioneer owner today and will direct them to this thread for feedback.

OOPS... he owned a Trail Runner!!!

Last edited:

priorguy

Pioneer seems similar to the Trail Runner and Prowler lines. I noticed there is now a Prowler Lynx (light weight) and Prowler Resort (park model) line too. This is just the beginning if the Fleetwood brands acquired by HL. Next will be the Monaco brands and plant recently acquired as well.

EandJ

Pioneer still isn't on the HL website. It is one if the brands acquired in the Fleetwood purchase. A quick google search turns up 2013 new and used models.

It shows up and has for some time when I go to their website. On the annoying pop-out list on the left side, it is the second to bottom brand. One of the Fleetwood brands that doesn't show up on the website is Mallard. But when I did a search of travel trailers that slept 7+, lo and behold 3 diffeerent Mallard models popped up. It seemed very similar to Prowler and Pioneer.

EandJ

It shows up and has for some time when I go to their website. On the annoying pop-out list on the left side, it is the second to bottom brand. One of the Fleetwood brands that doesn't show up on the website is Mallard. But when I did a search of travel trailers that slept 7+, lo and behold 3 diffeerent Mallard models popped up. It seemed very similar to Prowler and Pioneer.

And apparently, I've lost my reading comprehension. That's Prowler that shows up on the left side list. My apologies. I find the Pioneer units when I use the RV Buyers Guide on the website, same as the Mallard units.

EandJ

Interesting. I can click on your links and get to them. But when I start at Heartland Home, I can't find them without a lot of extra clicks. They are not under lightweight trailer tab nor the travel trailer tab. And the Mallards at least are pretty sparse on the information - almost like these brands aren't ready for prime time yet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe it's an exclusive deal with Camping World to distribute and market.

HornedToad

Maybe it's an exclusive deal with Camping World to distribute and market.

It's gotta be some kinda deal between Camping World & Heartland,
CW is the only place you can find a new Pioneer trailer on the internet.

It looks like an exclusive deal between CW the NCAA & SEC...
Camping World has 96 Pioneer Travel Trailers for sale on their website
and all but a dozen are in states with a team in the Southeastern Conference.

Maybe there's a tie in to March Madness???

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's gotta be some kinda deal between Camping World & Heartland,
CW is the only place you can find a new Pioneer trailer on the internet.

It looks like an exclusive deal between CW the NCAA & SEC...
Camping World has 96 Pioneer Travel Trailers for sale on their website
and all but a dozen are in states with a team in the Southeastern Conference.

Maybe there's a tie in to March Madness???

Lol! I am pretty sure Heartland Pioneers and Mallards have been out longer than that. I came across images of the brochures last year in my quest for content for the Heartland Highlights Newsletter.

Sean

Talking with the sales person when I bought my trailer the Pioneer is a CW/Heartland endeavor. It was designed to be a low price point product for CW to be competitive. An example is my trailer has the wall between the front bed area and living space deleted. By doing this they were able to install a ductless A/C, saving production costs. The Prowler version has the wall and sliding door with ducted A/C. The wall being gone was the tipping point for us. Makes it easier to get around the bed and you have a line of sight through the full length of the trailer, opens it up. Also there are less windows, only one vent located in the bath and no accent decals around the interior. My wife liked the simple interior and I liked the reduced number of water leak failure points on the exterior. A little sensitive after a major fail on a '72 Winnebago Brave restoration due to overwhelming water damage.

Quality. I did have quality issues but they were issues that could have been on any other Heartland brand. They were not caused by how the trailer was ordered but poor line assembly practices. Hopefully my feedback helped the QA guys on the line.

Overall I'm happy with the trailer.