280BH Madien Voyage

medic9016

Hi all,
We to our first trip this last week for 3 days at Colleton State Park in SC. Nice 25 site park over looking the Edisto River(way low). We found we had only warm water the first morning. After a call to the dealer, our water heater mixing valve was open. The half time oven worked so well, My wife wants one for the house. What a well insulated unit. 2nd day temp in the low 50's and the last morning temps iin the low 30's furnace never missed a beat and only had short run times through out the night. We are very happy with our choice.

Jim, is there a size limit if I post a picture?

Thanks
Shannon

campntn

Shannon, that's a great reassurance that we are doing the right thing. We pick up our 28 BHS tomorrow!
Glad ya'll had a good time. If I may ask, where are your heating ducts?
Thanks!
Mark

medic9016

There is one lower left backside of the booth seat right inside the door, one facing out towards the galley under the other booth seat, and the last one is in the bathroom right inside the door. All three are a couple of inches off the floor. They all rotate to send the air flow in the direction you want. We left the one in the galley facing the floor to keep it warm while walking around without socks.

campntn

Great, that's what I thought. We have them in the floor in our Outback, and to be honest, I'm looking forward to not having to deal with keeping them cleaned out. They, at least in ours, just collect dirt/trash. We usually just use a ceramic heater.
Overall, how do you consider the quality of the unit after camping in it? Seem durable? I'm certain the exterior is. Interior...what do you think?

medic9016

The bed that slides in and out to make room for the toy hauler needed to be reinforced right up front at the foot board. Two 6 inch L brackets took care of that. It has now been corrected in the production line for new models. The other was the top rail that goes across the top of the two dinette booths were the cusions push back into. It only had one small L bracket for support. I added three 1 1/2 brass L bracket for support. Everything else seems durable.

I would of liked a slide awning to be standard or a ladder to clean the top of the slide before retracting.