Washer leak

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I've been living on borrowed time by not having a drain pad under our washer. Didn't know they existed when it was installed back in 2009, until I read about them here. So yesterday, while running the last of three loads I observed a small drip from the pin box cover. Sure enough, it was damp under the machine :( So I've ordered a drip pan and will mess with the machine when return to the rig at the end of the month, since we're leaving tomorrow. My guess is a loose drain hose inside the cabinet.

Jim Hutt's installation guide was useful in figuring out the drain pad install, but my machine was mounted to the floor with the floor brackets. Is it necessary to anchor the 150 lb. machine inside the pan by running screws for brackets (if there's room) through the pan and sealing them with butyl?

Flash Forward 9/2/2013: OK, we came back to Camp Gotchurwallett yesterday and today I got into the washer problem. Disconnected everything and pulled the rear and top panels off. Could not find any evidence of a leak. Checked the plumbing connections in the trailer wall and nothing found. But, I'm still suspect of the soft rubber tubing in the front of the washer that runs from the soap dispenser into the tumbler. Unfortunately, it's virtuall impossible to get at it without completely disassembling the whole machine. I got tired of monkeying with it and pushed it back into its spot for now. Next round will be to try running it and see if I can find where the water is coming from. Once I figure that out and correct it, I'll install the drain pan I bought. That's another exercise in itself. If I can't fix or find the leak, the machine may be history.

Last edited:

JohnDar

I was finally able to work on the washer again. I removed the top cover and started a wash cycle. The problem is the Detergent Dispenser Assembly. For some reason, a mini-fountain shoots up from one of the holes on the top of it. I removed it, but it's a heat welded assembly, so you can't open it up for a look-see. I've sent Splendide a message, along with photos.

a7eqyhy5.jpg

57chevyconvt

John, Glad to hear that found the leak without dismantling the complete machine. Since we have a Splindide machine just like yours, I will be interested in knowing the ultimate fix so noted by Splindide.

JohnDar

John, Glad to hear that found the leak without dismantling the complete machine. Since we have a Splindide machine just like yours, I will be interested in knowing the ultimate fix so noted by Splindide.

Jim, I haven't spoken with my contact at Splendide, but it will probably to just replace the dispenser assembly. I emailed him last night, asking for a price. Pretty easy getting the thing out, just confined working in the closet.

Any ideas on getting the sliding glass doors off the tracks? The top rollers do not come out of the track.

Garypowell

John,

sorry to hear about your problem but it inspired me. I never thought about a pan since I have never needed one in any home I have owned. My Splendide is less than a year old but since I am changing a bunch of stuff before we leave Sunday why not do something now.

I had had a piece of grey shower pan material left over from the dishwasher install and it was a perfect size to fit under the washer. So I leaned the washer back and shoved as much as I could under from the front with both sides wrapped around the side. Then leaned the unit forward and pulled out what I could. Then walked the unit foreword until I had enough to tape up the back.

not perfect in any way but if I develop a leak it will come out the front where I can readily see it.

Oh and the answer to your question about screwing it down. Mine is not and has not moved in a year.

JohnDar

I spoke with a technician at Splendide this morning to order the cover assembly. According to him, the only time they've seen this happen is if water got frozen inside, cracking the water channels. Looking back, that is a possibility since I've been following the quick winterizing step in their literature which says dump some antifreeze in the drum and run a spin cycle. Been doing it that way since 2009, but never noticed any leakage or wet floor. Could be why my overhang looks droopy and warpy. Looks like I'll have to change how I winterize it and run it through the system.

Anyways, it's a $77.00 lesson. More so if I ever decide to take it in to have the overhang panel replaced. :(

The rig is now back at the storage yard for the winter, so I'll be working on it there. Brought it home yesterday and have to go start removing the TV's and other stuff.

brianharrison

.....I've been following the quick winterizing step in their literature which says dump some antifreeze in the drum and run a spin cycle. Been doing it that way since 2009, but never noticed any leakage or wet floor. ...... Looks like I'll have to change how I winterize it and run it through the system.

It takes me about 2-3 gallons of antifreeze to do it the "long way". I still use my 40 psi air to blow out the system, but I draw antifreeze up to the washer with the pump and winterizing bypass hose. Fill and drain on both full hot and full cold temp selector.

Brian

danemayer

John,

After blowing out the lines, I add antifreeze to the drum and run the drain cycle to pump it through the valve, drain, hose and p-trap. Not sure if the spin cycle does the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnDar

John,

After blowing out the lines, I add antifreeze to the drum and run the drain cycle to pump it through the valve, drain, hose and p-trap. Not sure if the spin cycle does the same.

That won't get it into that assembly since it has to come in via the water lines. The manual has the procedure. Basically running a short wash cycle while pumping antifreeze through the trailer.

danemayer

That won't get it into that assembly since it has to come in via the water lines. The manual has the procedure. Basically running a short wash cycle while pumping antifreeze through the trailer.

Does compressed air through the water lines clear that assembly?

JohnDar

Does compressed air through the water lines clear that assembly?

Of that, I'm not sure. The valves are electronically operated and the machine may need to be in operation to get them to open up. Maybe I can get an answer from Splendide on it.