Applauding Heartland for the Torque!

miboje

First, an acquaintance said she and her husband were talking to their local Torque dealer, and he said that Heartland is going to focus on the smaller, lighter toy hauler with the Torque, and they're going to develop new floor plans in the next 2-3 years. Hopefully it's not quite that long, since we will be ready to buy next spring. :D At one point, we had our hearts set on a Cyclone, but then we learned our 1-ton truck just doesn't have quite enough tow capacity. That was frustrating, but then I checked out the Torque and was pretty impressed. I wasn't expecting to be. The first thing that impressed me was that the insulation is just as good as the Cyclone and Road Warrior, and the second thing was the weights. Thirdly, the interiors don't look totally cheap-at least not to me, so the Torque went on my list at that point.

I absolutely applaud Heartland for doing this, because there is a market segment that doesn't want to have to buy an expensive, newer diesel truck just to have a decent fifth wheel toy hauler, not do we want to spend an arm and a leg for something that's just a "want"! And we're all prisoners to the cost of fuel, so lighter weight means less expensive camping trips. I also want to commend Heartland for their pricing on the Torque, which is outstanding and completely affordable for the middle-class family, even with ordering options. For many of us, the economy dictates a lot, and many of us cannot afford to spend major bucks on something like this.

I know Heartland is also addressing this market segment with their Gateway. My hope is that the lighter, well-insulated, quality, and yet affordable RV is the way of the future in the RV industry, and kudos to Heartland for being one of the companies paving the way.