Genesis Setup to activate the system setup on screen display

Scifi

I press the setup button on the remote control to activate the system setup on screen display video monitor menu and nothing happens. I want to set the system up as described on page 25 system manual. Is this set up screen shown in the manual on the TV or on the display of the Genesis? Do I need to install a HDMI cable? What Genesis mode settings should I be in to access the system setup on screen display? If on screen display is on the TV what video mode should I be in?

danemayer

If this is your first time trying to display Genesis video output on the TV, you'll have to cycle through the TV's input settings to find the right one. It's going to vary depending on your TV model. Probably something like Video 1 or Video 2. Until you hit the correct input on the TV, nothing you do on the Genesis will matter, except that you could inadvertently screw up the output settings so it doesn't work.

The Genesis 2.0 doesn't have HDMI out. Genesis 3.0 does and it may give you a better video image.

Theresau

I found that I had to put in a DVD to access the Genesis screen setup display.

I press the setup button on the remote control to activate the system setup on screen display video monitor menu and nothing happens. I want to set the system up as described on page 25 system manual. Is this set up screen shown in the manual on the TV or on the display of the Genesis? Do I need to install a HDMI cable? What Genesis mode settings should I be in to access the system setup on screen display? If on screen display is on the TV what video mode should I be in?

Scifi

Thanks you are right! I worked for hours last night and found out that putting a DVD while the TV was in video 1 and pressing setup got me to the setup screen.
Very weird but it worked.

Theresau

I know very weird. I tried all different things and I believe found this by mistake.

Thanks you are right! I worked for hours last night and found out that putting a DVD while the TV was in video 1 and pressing setup got me to the setup screen.
Very weird but it worked.