First Trip with my 2 week old 22FBS

d_fergie

I headed up to the local mountains last Sunday but ran into draws and canyons running and ended up turning around and coming home, went back up Monday afternoon and stayed thru Wednesday... Generator quit about the time I got the camper cooled off first evening, (no voltage) no problem as still had plenty of battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 188

d_fergie

Cooking NY Strip Steaks & Fries on my disc, I've camped in this spot for about 15 years ...

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 184

bighorn3370

Looks like a great spot to stay. Also a nice looking trailer. Ernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d_fergie

Looks like a great spot to stay. Also a nice looking trailer. Ernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, they just lifted fire restrictions a couple weeks ago due to much needed rain... glad I bought the North Trail as it didn't drag a bit going into my favorite spot, I was worried that I'd have to give this spot up. I have another generator ordered and hoping to go back up next weekend(probably not in this spot but within 5 miles) scouting for an October hunt.

d_fergie

Went back up Friday afternoon and camped at another of my sites about 5 miles to the west of the above camp, came back late morning... New Generator worked fine & ran a/c (only used about 2 hours yesterday) this camp will be off limits for my North Trail from now on, too many close trees (2 rut road). No problems other than self inflicted (scratches) and I couldn't get a signal other than 77 (mexico) sat but had a media player and EHDD's.

Attachments

• Line Shack.jpg
    Line Shack.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Montgomery.jpg
    Montgomery.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 111

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Wow! That is truly some "Boondocking" I'm envious. Where is that and what do you hunt there? Looks like great country for coyotes, snacks (snakes) and deer.

d_fergie

Deer not like they used to be... the Guadalupes in SE NM, my Cousin worked on & ran this ranch, then friends lived and worked there for years. (in the forest)I've camped in that country for years and cruised it with my old 46 Willys CJ2A when I camped in a cabover...You can actually see the back side of the highest point in Texas in the first pic.

priorguy

Here's my 28BRS on it's seasonal site, notice the Zip lines, water slides, and other amenities. Great place for little kids.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26486&d=1379206874//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26474&d=1379201668

d_fergie

Hoping to get a chance next week for a 2 day camping trip, haven't been since mid December, I'd go this weekend but am helping with friends anniversary party. Softball has started up so might be pulling to closer parts of Texas to watch Niece.