Delayed!

Greengas

So, we were all ready to pick up the new coach today when we got "the call". A solenoid for the hydraulic system was bad and they had to get a replacement from lippert. They tried to get it in time to still meet out PDI schedule but it was not to be. So we now are scheduled for the 10th. Oh well, anything good is worth waiting for :rolleyes:. I do have one question for the community. I am having wet bolts installed and according to the dealer they have to be welded in place. Now my understanding is that you take out the existing set up and slide the new ones in. I'm pretty sure no welding is required because I've read of many folks who have installed them on their own and never have I read of someone needing a welder.

So I now must continue, for another week, as a "Prospective Owner". Thank you to everyone for all the guidance on doing the PDI and working with the Camping World in Longmont. I know there are draw backs to a Saturday PDI (no service techs available) but I have no option since I am a school teacher and the Principal would not look kindly upon me if I ask for a "personal day" at the start of the new year:mad:.

Still excited! Still looking forward to our new coach. Still looking forward to not posting under "Prospective Owner". Still waiting to join the "Owner's Club".

brianharrison

I am not aware of any welding for wet bolts - I would ask the dealer for more clarification - even ask to talk to the technician, not just the advisor. Sometimes the stupidity of the "front desk" advisor baffles me.

Brian

danemayer

I have wet bolts on mine; came with the upgrade to heavy duty EZ-Flex. No welding was required to install the new bolts.

While they're changing the bolts, you should have them install Never Fail Bushings. With the bolts out, the only additional labor is knocking the original bushings out and sliding the new ones in. Should be minimal cost.

Greengas

I have wet bolts on mine; came with the upgrade to heavy duty EZ-Flex. No welding was required to install the new bolts.

While they're changing the bolts, you should have them install Never Fail Bushings. With the bolts out, the only additional labor is knocking the original bushings out and sliding the new ones in. Should be minimal cost.

I'll look into that. Hope I'm not too late.

Bart

My understanding is that with the wet bolts they install bronze bushings in place of the original cheap nylon bushings. The bolts on the wet bolt kit should not be welded in because if the wet bolts were to not get greased they could wear out the bronze bushings which would need replaced and the welding would make this more difficult. Another problem that would be similar is if you should break a spring or need a new axle those bolts need to be removed. In talking with the people from lippert at the rally in Goshen this year it sounded like the Never Fail Bushings were just a replacement for the original cheaper bushing and that they are supposed to last for maybe the life of the trailer and use the original bolts.

Greengas

My understanding is that with the wet bolts they install bronze bushings in place of the original cheap nylon bushings. The bolts on the wet bolt kit should not be welded in because if the wet bolts were to not get greased they could wear out the bronze bushings which would need replaced and the welding would make this more difficult. Another problem that would be similar is if you should break a spring or need a new axle those bolts need to be removed. In talking with the people from lippert at the rally in Goshen this year it sounded like the Never Fail Bushings were just a replacement for the original cheaper bushing and that they are supposed to last for maybe the life of the trailer and use the original bolts.

Bart

So are you saying that I should not have them install never fail bushings?

Greengas

Just in case some of you are starting to think that in fact I am not going to become a Heartland Owner, here is a photo taken when we did the quick look see of our new coach. Note how low it is in the front. .IMG_4983 (Small).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4983 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_4983 (Copy).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 58