Viair 450P. WOW!

Garypowell

Since I installed G614's on my 3010RE 6 months ago I have been looking for a good portable air compressor. Tried 3 - 4 less expensive ones and the only one that actually delivers the pressure ($39) I have to run for about 30 minutes to get from 105 - 110.

Finally bit the bullet and purchased a Viair 450P simply amazing the difference. Not to mention the convenience of the pressure gauge on the air gun.

Tried yesterday for the first time and besides actually being the quietest air compressor I have used it took my tires from 100 to 110 in just over 1 minute. Simply incredible! I played with it for 1/2 hour or so letting the air out and then reinflating them again.....always fun when something works well!

i am probably going to find a way to bring straight battery power into the basement so I won't have to open the battery case every time I use it.

hriker

Gary,

I bought the same Viair air compressor a couple of weeks ago from Amazon. I was amazed how well this compressor worked. I was able to bring my tires from 105 to 110 psi in no time. Although I hooked it up to my truck while it was running. Great product!!!

SilverRhino

I agree that the Viair systems are the way to go. My system is based around the 480 and a 5 gallon air tank. Great system for supplying the horns, air bags and filling tires as needed. System is very quiet and very fast. Mine is all mounted in a tool box that is mounted to the bed just behind the cab.

Garypowell

I looked real hard at the 480 and 2.5 gal air tank but decided it was overkill for right now. Plus the "gun" was included. Figured if I ever wanted more I could add the tank....but it was tempting.