The first time wax

Snow

Well I got to do it , need to wax I think I know the wax I want but need more info on the 303 I read about , I searched 303 on amazon and there are a bunch of different kinds so I thought someone could help me out before I get the wrong stuff, by the way iam going with mcquairs flagship " not spelled right I know" any help would be appreciated thanks ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Manzan

303 is 303. It does come in assorted 'flavors' by label but it is all the same. I bought my first container, a sprtz bottle, for a place that sell hot tubs. Bought my gallon bottle from Camping World or from Amazon, I don't remember which. Love the stuff. Apply it a couple of times a year and that is about it. My suburban had oxidized mirrors and trim, put some on just because the towel I was using was wet with 303 and the difference was incredible. That was two years ago and just put some more on last week in Monitor, WA. Does a great job and rain tends to wash off most of the bugs I collect so I don't have to. Well worth it. I have not used any wax and the decals look great.

Vtxkid

303 is awesome for fiberglass/ decals and tires! Hard to beat the SPF-40!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Snow

303 is 303. It does come in assorted 'flavors' by label but it is all the same. I bought my first container, a sprtz bottle, for a place that sell hot tubs. Bought my gallon bottle from Camping World or from Amazon, I don't remember which. Love the stuff. Apply it a couple of times a year and that is about it. My suburban had oxidized mirrors and trim, put some on just because the towel I was using was wet with 303 and the difference was incredible. That was two years ago and just put some more on last week in Monitor, WA. Does a great job and rain tends to wash off most of the bugs I collect so I don't have to. Well worth it. I have not used any wax and the decals look great.
Thanks for the info so are you saying 303 is all I need to do or do I need to wax ??? ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Vtxkid

Contrary to scottb's post and as stated above, 303 is for fiberglass/ gel coat also. That heavy waxing that some individuals feel is a must is not necessary anymore. I have used nothing on my gel coat but 303 for the last 3 years + and it looks brand new. And don't forget the decals! However I will say I apply 303 three to four tims a year. But it is sooo much easier to apply. Just remember, If you pickup streaking, you have applied to much. I found thru others on this forum that a nice closed cell sponge is a great applicator. Just spray a small amount evenly on the sponge and apply it to a 2-3 foot area or so, is a great way not to over do it. Now if you cap is painted as mine is now, I do recommend a regular wax...

scottyb

Contrary to scottb's post and as stated above, 303 is for fiberglass/ gel coat also. That heavy waxing that some individuals feel is a must is not necessary anymore. I have used nothing on my gel coat but 303 for the last 3 years + and it looks brand new. And don't forget the decals! However I will say I apply 303 three to four tims a year. But it is sooo much easier to apply. Just remember, If you pickup streaking, you have applied to much. I found thru others on this forum that a nice closed cell sponge is a great applicator. Just spray a small amount evenly on the sponge and apply it to a 2-3 foot area or so, is a great way not to over do it. Now if you cap is painted as mine is now, I do recommend a regular wax...

Well alrighty then. Experience talks and I just got off their website. 303 it is. We have always used it on the vinyl wraps on our rescue boats, but I always used a marine wax on my personal fiberglass boat. I'm all about taking it easy and not using so much elbow grease. It's a monumental task on these huge rigs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I used an inexpensive orbital waxer from WalMart, less than $30, so I bought 2. One for wax on, one for wax off. Helped a lot, still took a few days! I am wearing long sleeves in 90+ degree weather in the picture because I got severely sunburned the first day.

IMG_7339.jpg

Erika

1231ChaseB

Does 303 have any UV protection ! I use stuff called Optimum because of the claimed UV protection and my 2010 still look's new ! It's pretty easy to use also !
chaseb

drfife

I had great success with Starbrite Premium Marine Polish With PTEF for 10 years on my previous gel coat trailer.

If oxidized, use Meguires Ultimate Compound prior to wax.

Apply with a random orbital polisher, like a Porter Cable. Lake Country pads are great.

http://www.autogeek.net/ has most everything you need, lots of great info and fair prices.

guyc66

I have been using this stuff http://washwax.com/ for about two years and love it. It is really easy to apply and leaves a very nice shine on our 5er with full body paint (also use it on our vehicles). Unfortunately I can't speak to how well it works on gel coat, etc. but the website says it works on those surfaces too. I apply it twice a year and could easily do it more often as this stuff is not like traditional waxes that require a lot of elbow grease for application/removal.