Turning on the built in vacuum.

Lndeatr

We have a 2013 Cyclone 300c. The vacuum works great for picking up the dirt that we sweep into it but doesn't turn on when we plug in the hose. Is there a switch? Looking at the opening and the end of the hose it appears it would come on as soon as the 2 contacts are in contact with the metal ring on the hose. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Martin

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
When those two contacts are shorted by the metal ring on the hose, the vacuum should operate.
BTW, when we 1st got our rig, the vacuum had a bad relay switch in the main unit underneath. It ended up having to be replaced because the vacuum would not continue to run when the hose was attached.

Trace

oscar

Nope, no switch, that's how ours works. The fact that it works for sweep in would make it seem that there is juice on the wires. (I believe it to be a single pair, the fixture being a "switch")
Try bridging the two contacts with a piece of wire..... if that works, good. If not something's wrong inside the fixture.If that works, the hose is not bridging the contacts. Try twisting it. In fact, do that first. There IS a metal ring on the end of the hose right?

Lndeatr

Ok the inside port works. The outside doesnt. There is a metal ring. Ill pull the cover off and see unfit is a loose connection. Thanks for the help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The switch would be on the hose end that you hold, but it doesn't seem that those hoses are put in RV's. I have one at home for our central vac with the same style of port. I had to buy that hose as an upgrade, the original only had the contact ring. The lid of the port acts as the switch unless the hose end has the two pins that insert into the small holes above the hose.

Mizmary

You have the contact ring. But it had to be in "just right" to work sometimes. Maybe make sure the contacts are clean? Does it turn on for a second when you open it to put the hose in?