buying 2014 NT 32BUDS

dhcolesj

We have ordered a 2014 NT 32BUDS Caliber edition, and are expecting it sometime before the end of the month. :D
Just wondering what hints or tips of things to look for, work around, etc. All RVs have 'em.
The last RV I owned had an issue with delamination if you didn't take extra steps to dehydrate it before you zipped it up after camping. Just wondering if this model needs the same care, and if there are any other things to watch for.

thanks,
Howard Coles
John 3:16!

jimtoo

Hi Howard,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will get all kinds of information and help from our Heartland family.

Enjoy the forum and the wait till delivery will be hard.

Jim M

dhcolesj

Thanks Jim, I've been reading some of the messages, especially as they relate to the North Trail. I already know about the master bedroom doors and the plastic hangers. I'll have to rig somethig up there to keep them from breaking right off the bat (I have two teenagers). :) Other than that I think they've worked out most of the kinks.
Yea, the wait is killing me now. I didn't think it would, but now that I've started the process I can't wait to go pick it up.
I love to camp, or as this thing will allow, remote living. My family used to go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in East TN, at least once every year back before all the "attractions" were built.

We have a 2013 32BUDS and love it. It's been a great unit so far and we are very happy with it! We had the master bedroom door issue on our very first outing, so it's good you are planning a fix now. I'm confident 100% of them will fail if you only rely on the nylon straps & buttons. No other fixes have been required, but you will notice the lack of towel racks in the unit. I added one in the bath room, kitchen, and outdoor kitchen as well. Also added a mirror to the bathroom door so my wife & kids had a mirror they can use.

The last thing to plan out is a ladder for the rear bunk. No way to access the bunk over the outdoor kitchen without standing on the shelves.

dhcolesj

Yep, We looked over all the pics for the unit, and noticed the lack of steps on that bunk. We have a small step we can use for that, and both of my kids are Teenagers which will make it easier. Our last RV didn't have towel racks either, so I expected that, however, never really thought about the outside kitchen.
How did you solve the bedroom door and vinyl strap issue? I have an idea, but any suggestion would be helpful.

dhcolesj

Something I meant to mention, was that the reason I knew the doors would be a problem was because the model we looked at, here at a local dealer, had one of the doors with a broken hanger.

The reason we didn't buy there is they wanted a full 5K more for less features than the online dealer we went through. I bought my last RV online, however they were real quick to pass me off to the factory, or the extended warranty folks, so I didn't go back there. Hoping that doesn't happen with this one.
The model we really wanted was the 31QBSS (with the wardrobe slide out in the bunk house), but they canceled that model just a few days before we could order it. However, the more we look it over, I think we'll come out better.

My fix for the door is pretty simple. I now take a very small bungee and wrap around the hinges between the two doors before we hit the road. The bungee I use is around 1/4" diameter x 6" long. Has worked great so far. I've seen several other solutions here on this forum, one of the better ones was velcro strips down the edges of both doors so that the doors stick together when traveling.