Move holding tank vent risers away from roof vent opening in bathroom

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Currently on my 2011 BH3670RL there are two holding tank risers within a foot to the rear of the bathroom roof vent.

In spite of everything I do, Cyclone Vents, sealing around vent pipes, Maxair cover, etc. When there is a certain breeze coming from the back of the rig from time to time, slight odors creep in through the vent opening.

I suggest placing these tank vents further away from the roof vent. Thanks, Trace

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Something I've noticed with our OEM bathroom exhaust fan/vent is that there is some reverse airflow when the fan is running. This appears due to the position of the small fan and the raised cover of the opening. The Heng Vortex I installed in the bedroom is all exhaust, with no backflow. Could be a solution.

Speedy

I replaced the OEM fan/vent with the Fantastic Fan that was removed for our new bedroom AC. No more air being pulled from the roof area but if you have it on when you flush the toilet you are in for a surprise.

Just need to follow a new procedure.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks guys, I have a Fantastic fan in the bathroom and when it is on, all is good. (Except for what Speedy mentioned)

My complaint is, if I leave the vent open to get a little air without the fan running, if the wind is right, a slight smell can be funneled in.

It seems like those risers could be moved outboard and still be in the same wall space. That would get them away from the hatch opening.

Thanks, Trace

Last edited: