FIXED: Propane leak from smashed line

We wanted to share our experience because it could be a safety concern and we’re not too pleased with Heartland’s response to the situation. We have a 2012 Sundance, purchased in June 2012 so it was one month out of warranty when this was discovered.
On our trip in July, we noticed faint smells of propane when we put the slides out and went into the unit. We checked the tanks and connections, and finally started tracing the lines. What we found was that each time the slide went in, the propane line was smashing against a screw; the line was flattened and a hole was smashed in it. Removing the foam insulation around the line, we discovered a second screw pushed up against the gas line t-fitting, forcing it to stick out so that when the slide would go in, there was no possible space for the gas line. We turned off the gas for the remainder of the trip.
We contacted Heartland customer service with information about what we had found. Although we were one month beyond the year warranty, this construction defect had obviously been present from day one. We also thought that this would be a matter of concern to Heartland and felt a repair should be covered as a workmanship defect. Customer service asked us to send pictures, and said they would get back to us. They did call the next day and their response was to send us a length of copper line but it was our responsibility to take care of the installation.
Luckily I did have the proper tools and knowledge to be able to run the new line and make the connections. But it is upsetting to think that we could have lost our unit due to this flaw in workmanship, and yet Heartland did not feel that making this repair was their responsibility.
Given the type of response I got to this potentially dangerous defect, I am wondering if I would consider or recommend Heartland products in the future.
(Tried to attach a couple of pictures, but am not having any luck with the "upload attachments" process....)