water pump in torque 261

CHRIS-123

looking for some help I need to get to my water pump as it seems to be pulling air from somewhere, thinking it might be a loose connection at the pump, only thing is I have no clue were the water pump is on my trailer, any help would be great, I am going to start looking tonight but the more info I have before tearing into it would be good.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
CHRIS-123
Did you have any luck finding your water pump? You can call customer service to get info. Just have your vin# ready.

CHRIS-123

yes I did find it thanks, under the bed in the front on the left side real tight place to get into, but glad I did, everyone of the conections in the udc were cross threaded and pulling air. one thing I am confused about is it says the tank is a gravity fill tank right, but yet the water pump pulls from the same line used to fill the tank how the heack does that work ???????

danemayer

Hi Chris,

Gravity fill systems typically use a hose that's about 1-1/4" diameter with a large fitting on the UDC. The gravity fill hose looks a bit like a vacuum cleaner hose. That hose goes to the fresh tank to fill it. There is typically a 1/2" pex line coming out of the fresh tank to the water pump input side. The output side of the water pump gets teed together with the city water line near the UDC so that either water source gets routed to all the faucets, shower, toilet, etc. The fresh tank will also have a drain hose with cutoff valve coming out the bottom of the trailer, and may also have one or more overflow hoses attached near the top of the fresh tank.

If you take a look at our Water Systems Guide, there's a generic drawing of the water system on Page 6 that illustrates how the pieces go together. Your Torque will be a little different primarily with respect to placement of the tanks.

Btw, I'm puzzled as to what would have been cross-threaded in the UDC, pulling air. The only thing I can think of in the UDC that's on the input side of the pump would be the antifreeze suction line valve. Most of the time when air is getting into the pump, it's because the valve has been left partially in the winterize position.

CHRIS-123

ok my trailer has the Anderson 4 way valve, it has 4 lines on the back of it, when you connect to the garden hose that line goes to the back of the valve, to the left of the valve is the winterize line that runs to the in feed of the pump, the right is the tank fill line, that also appears to be the feed line for the pump, and the bottom is the city water line that runs right to the cold water pex line. when you place the valve to normal to run the pump. you can feel the tank fill line moving, but like I said my question is if the tank is a gravity fill tank how is the pump pull water from the tank ???? as there is no other lines running to the pump but these 2 just wondering how that would work

danemayer

With the Anderson 4-way valve, you do not have a gravity fill.
the right is the tank fill line, that also appears to be the feed line for the pump
I haven't inspected the back side of the 4-way valve myself, so I don't know if that's how they're all connected. But there's no reason you can't use the same pex line for both purposes.

I don't have the 4-way valve, but I added a tee into the feed line for my pump and fill the tank by feeding city water backwards through that line. So my feed line to the pump is also my fill line for the tank. Btw, I did that because it's a much faster, easier, and more accurate way for me to fill the fresh tank. The new line is hooked to a manifold in the UDC so I just open a valve to fill the fresh tank. And I have a meter on that line to monitor how much water is added.

scottyb

If it is like mine, when the valve is on "Tank", the fill line goes into the valve and out through the line to the tank. When your switch is on "Normal" the water from the tank is pulled through the valve through the same line and out to the pump. When the valve is on "City" it goes through the valve to the distribution line, bypassing the pump. More than likely the term "gravity" is being used loosely, but since almost all municipal water systems are gravity fed, there is some accuracy to it. Not sure if that is exactly what they meant.

CHRIS-123

thanks scotty b, just trying to wrap my head around the idea that all over it says gravity feed, to me gravity feed is a line running to the top of the tank, and that the infeed line to the pump would come out of the bottom of the tank, but I guess they must have some kind of set up that makes that work.