no dvd video output from Genesis 2.0,,PROBLEM CURED!

1320quick

I just purchased a Sundance XLT 285TS and it has the Genesis 2.0 in it. I cannot get the video from DVD to display on the TV. When I put a DVD into the Genesis 2.0, I can hear the intro playing on the speakers but I get no video output. Besides the coax cable from the antenna, the only cables attached to the tv are to the white, red and yellow rca jacks labeled AV1 on the TV. I have tried every input but the TV displays no input for every selection. I have attached a DVD player from my house to the AV1 inputs on the TV and it displays the video fine. So this does not appear to be a tv issue. I have been over the manual several times but I don't see that I'm missing something there but who knows. I turn on the tv, select the AV1 input, hit the video/audio button on the Genesis and then insert a dvd. Am I missing something? I don't see any way to access the rear of the Genesis unit to check the cable connections on that. Anyone know how to access the the rca ports to check the connections there?

Thanks for any advise.

Ron

theroes

Re: no dvd video output from Genesis 2.0

Ron,
Remove the side cover plates on the left anf right side of the radio. You then will see the four mounting screws. Remove them and the radio will pull out.

Dave

1320quick

Dave, Thank you for the response, it was very helpful in resolving this issue. I didn't realize the sides were cover plates but thanks to your post, I was able to remove the side cover plates and pull the radio out. As I suspected, the cables were connected wrong. I moved the yellow video cable from an input RCA jack to an output jack and bingo, we have dvd video and audio. I know I could have had the dealer fix it but it was driving me crazy. :)

Ron

NO wires hooked up to the TV from the Genesis 2.0

We just purchased a 2014 Sundance 3270 RES and were told at the walk through that it did not come with a DVD player. So after delivery we were suprised that the Genesis GT-2.0 is a DVD player but there are no wires hooked up to the TV except the cable to the roof antenna. I found a package with the speaker wires but nothing else. I called the dealership and they told me that the factory does not hook up the radio/dvd player. By reading this thread it sounds like most peoples players are at least hooked up, maybe wrong but hooked up with the supplied cables. I read here that you can pull of the side panels and remove the radio, I am a little cautious to do that as when I try I get resistance. The manual doesn't say anything about the installation of the radio. It is a 120 mile round trip to the dealer, so that is not an option. Any suggestions? Can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to remove the radio without breaking something? Thanks for any advice. Steve (liveaboard)

jimtoo

Re: NO wires hooked up to the TV from the Genesis 2.0

HI Steve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our family will jump in soon that have had some experience with a Sundance to help with some information for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Tallyrver

On my Gateway the audio worked but no video,seems the factory may be embarrassed by the 1980's video quality of the DVD player. They only use a yellow RCA for video .I plugged in the red and white RCA connectors at the back of the Genesis and had audio. While I had the Genesis pulled out I connected two more audio cables for a new DVD player (with a hdmi connection) and for the Directv box.

Dave, can you tell me how you removed the side cover plates on the Genesis 2.0? I've tried prying them off with a screwdriver but the resistance is too much and I will damage or break them. New Sundance 2014 and it was not hooked up to the tv from the factory. It is plugged in and the speakers work but no wires to the TV.
Thank you for any help you or others can give.
Steve