Tonight for dinner I made:

11 pound turkey
Stuffing
Gravy
Winter squash with maple/butter glaze
Green bean casserole
Mashed red potatoes with smoked gouda cheese
Cornbread muffins
Fresh cranberry sauce (Himself made that)

A fairly nice dinner for a stick house but to be able to make that in an RV??? I would never have guessed it was possible before our rig,,, thanks Heartland for the 3670RL (and Augusta).

ElizabethstuffedtothegillsHusbandnappingonlounger

SmokeyBare

Way to Go Liz !!!

As I pat my over Stuffed and very ROUND Belly...

Laid back in This comfy Lazy boy chair....

jbeletti

Wow Elizabeth - great job. That Augusta kitchen is amazing and you just leveraged it to your full advantage.

In fact, there is more counter space in it than I have here in my town home. My oven and stove are larger but when you add the convection into the equation, we're closer to even on oven space. I'll bet you had them both going too.

We too are a couple of stuffed birds here! I though I went rather modest on my only plate of food. But good old comfort foot is really rib-stickin'. Had to wait a couple hours before we could consider having dessert :)

Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving in your trailer. As nice as ours was, I'd have rather had it in my RV somewhere, anywhere else than Chicago.

Jim

Princess Kathleen

I have a Grand Canyon...I cooked a 6 lb turkey breast, cornbread oyster stuffing, spinach cassrole, biscuits, cranberries, and buttermilk pie....and we are stuffed....and happy to see I can still mass produce a great meal...
PK

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Actually, we have a Bighorn Jim, same kitchen layout as the Augusta (like you don't know Heartland floorplans like the back of your hand, lol). You are right, I had both ovens going and had the cornbread muffins baking in the toaster oven, chuckles.

Ok Kathleen, you have me stumped,,, what kind of pie?? I have never heard of that before, would love to know more,,,, Elizabeth

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Oldlthrnecksgirl said:
Actually, we have a Bighorn Jim, same kitchen layout as the Augusta (like you don't know Heartland floorplans like the back of your hand, lol). You are right, I had both ovens going and had the cornbread muffins baking in the toaster oven, chuckles.

Ok Kathleen, you have me stumped,,, what kind of pie?? I have never heard of that before, would love to know more,,,, Elizabeth

I was raised on Buttermilk Pie it might sound kinda bad but is delicious. I got my moms recipe somewhere if one wants it......Ken

jbeletti

Hi Elizabeth - thanks for catching my unit error. I saw Augusta and locked onto that. I remember the first time I saw a 3670. It was at the Minneapolis/St. Paul RV show a year ago. It was very popular. Gotta have the truck to pull it of course but that kitchen is amazing.

Jim

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Ok, I'm sure up for the recipe,,, thank you Ken! Since migrating southwards, I have tried catfish, collard greens and blackeyed peas. Heck, when I was in Thailand, I ate a bag of deep fried grasshoppers AND I like buttermilk.

Jim, our truck has some mods on it but it is a GMC Sierra 2500HD and the trailer pulls and more importantly Stops like a dream. We are waiting to see what Heartland comes up with next but are looking at an Augusta when the time and price are right.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Oldlthrnecksgirl said:
Ok, I'm sure up for the recipe,,, thank you Ken! Since migrating southwards, I have tried catfish, collard greens and blackeyed peas. Heck, when I was in Thailand, I ate a bag of deep fried grasshoppers AND I like buttermilk.

Jim, our truck has some mods on it but it is a GMC Sierra 2500HD and the trailer pulls and more importantly Stops like a dream. We are waiting to see what Heartland comes up with next but are looking at an Augusta when the time and price are right.

Mom's Buttermilk Pie

1 1/2 c. sugar
1 stick butter
4 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 c. buttermilk
4 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pie shell 9"

Combine sugar , butter ( softened ) and flour. In another bowl , mix buttermilk , egg yolks , vanilla , the stir in dry mixture. Cook in sauce pan over low heat until thick. Pour into cooked pie shell. Top with meringue.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Great Job Liz!! However, think I got you beat...this is what I made for Thanksgiving in my 3600RL (smaller kitchen); Son and his girl flew in for the Holiday, and I had to go all out:

21 pound Turkey (in large roasting pan ON counter...and still had plenty of room to work)
8 pound Ham (in oven)
Celery Stuffing
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Yams
Corn
Green beans
Cranberry Sauce
Dinner Rolls
Pumpkin Bread AND Peach Pie for dessert

Ain't these Bighorn floorplans FANTASTIC??? Jim's right...I had less room in my kitchen in my sticks and bricks!

Happy Holidays

Kathy and Ken Adams

jimtoo

I think maybe a cookoff should be arranged between Liz and Kathy. Maybe I could visit one next week and the other the following week. :)
I would need to see demonstrated what they are bragging about, you know, turkey and hams being cooked, dressing being made and by all means sample same. :p Then I could declare a winner or maybe it would be a tie. :confused: If a tie, then another cookoff could be arranged and I could call in another judge to help me sample :p and decide who was the winner. Who knows,, we might have another tie.:D :D

Just a thought. Sounds good to me.:D

campntn

It wasn't Thanksgiving, but we tested out the microwave and convection oven last nite for the first time. From inside our new 28BHS in the frontyard, we watched the Long Long Trailer, popped popcorn and cooked chicken nuggets. :)
Does that count? :D
Mark

jimtoo

What??? :confused: You want to make it a 3 way cook-off??? :eek: I don't know if chicken nuggets :confused: and popcorn :rolleyes: would make it to the finals,,, but,,,, maybe with a little help under the table None we could maybe make it another tie...:D :D And then have another cook-off...:D

campntn

OH HEAVENS TO BETSY!! Please do not include me in the cookoff. :p
No, I hate to cook. LOL. HEnce the chicken nuggets and popcorn for my son and I.
I was following the thread and "bragging on my kitchen". :)
Mark

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jimtoo...come on over, with a turkey that size, you can bet I've got LOTS of leftovers....LOL!!

jbeletti

Jim,

I like your way of thinking. That cook-off idea is great. I am signing up to be judge #2. :) I know Kathy but have not tasted her cooking. Although we have eaten junk food together. I have not met Elizabeth but I want to. Maybe 2008 will be the year I meet at least 200 new Heartland product owners at rallies!! Talk about food fests :eek:

jimtoo

We are planning on being at the Southwest Regional (Houston) Rally April 18-20 at Rayford Crossing. Maybe both of the ladies will be there and we can have a sample of their cooking.:D