LT tires on new Bighorns?

Woodworker

I was looking at the 2008 Bighorn online brochures and noticed Heartland is saying all Bighorn models come with "LT" tires, either E or G rated. A typo or a move away from "ST" tires?

jpmorgan37

I think that you will find that they are all coming with ST tires. Look at what your dealer has on his lot.

Muddy

Picked our 3670 up this week and it has LT235/85 R16 tires. Now to determine the proper air pressure.

vangoes

Interesting turn of events.................so what brand of "LT's" is now being factory installed now? Wonder if it is a supply issue or if the mood has changed relative to LT's and trailers?

sharmulst

We have BF Goodrich LT's on our BH3500RL. Our coach came with Mission ST's. We replaced them when 1 tire developed a crack in a groove and also one had a bulge on the side. Tireco had us send them back as they were still under warranty. Just received a check from them after 5 months of telephone calls. Very pleased as it just about paid for the 5 new tires.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Glad to hear that you were rebated for your potential problems. How did you get the Tireco folks to agree to that? Did you lose a tire before you changed?

sharmulst

No we did not have a problem. When checking the tires before going to the rally in May we noticed the 2 potential problems. The tires only had about 12000 miles on them. J P Morgan gave us the contact information. Contacted them and they gave us a claim number and picked them up on June 20, 2007. I started calling them weekly on Aug 31 and finally received the check on Nov. 26. It was a hassle but worth it in the long run.

Muddy

The LT tires on my 3670 are manufactured under the brand FREESTAR and according to the distributor are made in China.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We picked up our unit last week and it has "Mission" ST tires. We'll use them for another 250 miles to get home...and then it's off to price tires. Most likely we'll go with Michellin XPS from Sam's Club. Everything else it lovely.

jbeletti

caddojay,

Congrats on picking up the new unit. Hope it ends up being everything you hoped it would be. You came from a well respected brand unit and it will be neat to experience the Bighorn with you within this online community.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Something I just noticed on the Manufacturers VIN# label. It calls for LT tires. I just thought it was a bit strange. They put LT on the label, ST tires on the rig. Go Figure:confused:.