Wilderness 2175 RB Dinette to Bed Conversion

SailorDon

I'm checking out all the features of my new 2014 Wilderness 2175 RB in preparation for an October road trip.

While checking out the dinette to a bed conversion, I found that the Owner's Manual did not match the stuff in the travel trailer.
Owner's Maual says to slide the table top between booth benches allowing it to rest on the guide rails. Good luck with that! :confused:

What guide rails?

If I set it up like the Owner's Manual described, it would look like this:

Headed for "Sleepus Interruptus" , broken back and litigation. :(

I called the dealer and he says there is an insert that is stored in the compartment under the bed.
The insert has two fold down legs and fits in between the booth benches.

I find the part, install and it looks like this:

I'm probably getting real picky here, but why didn't they store the insert with 2 folding legs in the dinette bench locker?

Like this:

For a real challenge, they should have stored it in the outside storage locker.

Now I'm a happy camper!

SailorDon

Have to look under my North Trail 22FBS Bed, that dinette setup is identical ...

Since you have the convertible sofa, they might not supply the insert for converting the "mega dinette".
Of course for $10.00 worth of materials and 10 minutes of your time, you could make your own insert from plywood and folding legs from Home Depot.
Then you would have room to sleep a small civilization on board. :)

louieb

Thank you so much for this information. When we purchased our Wilderness 2650bh, the dealer had no idea how to make the dinette into a bed. We just assumed that it couldn't be done and left it at that. After reading your this post, i looked under the master bed and low and behold, there was the platform just as you described. Thank you again!

d_fergie

Thank you so much for this information. When we purchased our Wilderness 2650bh, the dealer had no idea how to make the dinette into a bed. We just assumed that it couldn't be done and left it at that. After reading your this post, i looked under the master bed and low and behold, there was the platform just as you described. Thank you again!
My Brother slept on mine 5 nights late October (hunting) said it was better than his bed at home...