Dishwasher slides out while traveling

Curt_Hinson

Does anyone know how to keep the dishwasher from sliding out while traveling. I would like to fix it, but I do not see any method of doing so. Having said that, I discovered by accident that a folded towel will keep it from sliding out. My wife had a towel hanging on the little bar in front of the stove, it got caught up in the dishwasher when closing it and it traveled fine for a little over a hundred miles. That isn't the way it is supposed to work.

Curt

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does anyone know how to keep the dishwasher from sliding out while traveling. I would like to fix it, but I do not see any method of doing so. Having said that, I discovered by accident that a folded towel will keep it from sliding out. My wife had a towel hanging on the little bar in front of the stove, it got caught up in the dishwasher when closing it and it traveled fine for a little over a hundred miles. That isn't the way it is supposed to work.

Curt

I keep her buckled in the truck next to me...oh that's not what your talking about? Oops!! Just don't tell my DW what I said...lol! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curt_Hinson

Thanks for the response, Jim. It is a Fisher&Paykel, and we thought we had looked at everything, but your response made us look more closely. There is (and we had tried it many times) a button that had a padlock on it. We finally found what we were looking for. It is called "KEYLOCK" and it simply states that it disables all the buttons - helpful when cleaning the dishwasher. Further down it discusses "CHILDLOCK", which is what we had not found previously. You have to hold the button down longer to make this feature active.

Thanks again.

Curt

Curt_Hinson

I keep her buckled in the truck next to me...oh that's not what your talking about? Oops!! Just don't tell my DW what I said...lol! ;)

LOL - I hear you. In fact, I tell everyone that it came with three dishwashers. One built in, myself and when all else fails, the wife will grudgingly do it. :angel:

Curt

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
LOL - I hear you. In fact, I tell everyone that it came with three dishwashers. One built in, myself and when all else fails, the wife will grudgingly do it. :angel:

Curt

Yep...lol! Sounds like my BC minus the actual dishwasher...lol.

Crumgater

If a towel works to hold it in place, maybe one or two door-stoppers would do the same?
...I'm assuming the Keylock and Childlock features are software only, and that the sliding problem still exists...