Very little water in toilet after flushing

Curt_Hinson

On my last camper (Cedar Creek), extra water could be added to the toilet by lifting up on the flush pedal. My new Heartland Sequoia flushes fine, but it puts only about 1/2" of water in the bowl after releasing the pedal. You can't lift the pedal up to add more water, but I discovered that by lightly pressing down on the pedal, you could add a little bit of water, but it is a fine line where you add water or flush what you just did. I would like to keep about two inches of water in the bowl. Hoping someone will have an answer.

Curt

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
The toilets in our new Big Horn 3875 work the same way. I push the pedal down to add water, and can add as much as I want. I push it down to the point that is just above the point that the seal open up and water goes into tank. These toilets flush much better than the one in my 2006 Big Horn.

danemayer

Hi Curt,

You probably have the Dometic 310 and you've discovered the correct method of adding water. Press the pedal slightly. Here's a link to the manual which describes the procedures on page 7.

If you haven't visited the Manuals section of the forum, there are a couple of hundred manuals covering most of the appliances and subsystems in our trailers. We also have several owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides you may find helpful.

You can get to the Manuals section by clicking on TOOLS on the Navbar at top of screen and selecting either HOM - Heartland Owners Manuals, or HUG - Heartland User Guides.

Theresau

Ours is the same. It is a Thetford. Our 2010 BH had the Dometic and a great deal more water remained in the bowl than the Thetford and you could lift up the pedal to add water. With the Thetford you can add water by very carefully pressing down.

Curt_Hinson

Thanks to all. I did discover that the only way to add water was to very lightly press down on the flush lever. The problem is that mine is such a fine line between fill and flush that I get frustrated. Tomorrow I will be looking for an adjustment to see if I can widen that line.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that all of us that have gone from the 200 series to the 300 series have experienced the same problem. Finding that fine line when when adding water.
After some use, you will adjust and not have a problem adding water.

Peace
Dave