Heat to the underbelly

khd995

I have an 07' 3400 RL. I was in the basement and pulled off the wall to look around and see how well insulated and heated it was underneath. I noticed that there is a 2" hose loose behind the wall and around the docking station. I also see there is a 4" hose to the bathroom heat register. I have the bathroom register closed. I'm in an area that will see some below freezing temps.

Any problems pulling that 4" hose off the bathroom register and letting it blow into the below areas. Also what about cutting a hole and putting that 4" hose directly into the underbelly.

Pulltab

We normally close our bathroom vent also. I don't see any issues with putting that line into the underbelly. I would do it in a heartbeat if I was concerned about freezing my tanks.

When I was in the bottom of my unit I attached the 2" hose to a piece of 1-1/2" pvc pipe the lenght of the rv and capped the end. Then I drilled a hole anywhere I wanted to direct heat towards the tanks. I also insulated with R30 fiberglass the entire bottom leaving about 6" on each side of the tanks to allow the heat to get to them. The less space to heat the more it is directed to the tanks. I also wrapped all my water lines with the foam wrap as some of the lines lay against the side of the frame exposed to the cold. I wasn't taking any chances. After all that to keep check on it I bought 2 additional sensors for my wireless thermometer and placed one in the rear of the belly and one up near the black and grey tank. Now I can monitor the temps in the belly from inside. So far temps range with outside in the 40's, inside set to 73 the belly runs 67-69 degrees.

vangoes

KHD995
I was in freezing temperatures last winter, some nights into the upper teens and usually above freezing during the day. The two inch hose was adequate enough to keep things from freezing in the belly but you will need to do something with the water hose coming into the trailer.

K

Ken Washington

Don't forget the outside water line and drain hose. Most CG's require you to disconnect water lines in cold weather. Picking up on the waste line to make sure it is empty will make it so that you can dump the tanks.

Ken

jpmorgan37

This is what we use on our water hose and there is enough extra to go on the park's hose bib. Heat cable We just used the 2 inch hose without any extra insulation over the last two winters and had no problems. We saw temperatures as low as 18 degrees.

John