Cable/Satellite

pickuphunt

We just pick up our '09 3600RL. We have 4 satellite jacks and 1 cable jack in the dock. There is a cable and satellite jack behind the TV, and a similar jack in the home theater receiver area, also two jacks in the same plate in the bedroom area. The only place I can get continuity is between the one satellite jack in the DOC and the satellite jack behind the TV. I know that one of the jacks in the dock is for a satellite cable in the ceiling for a room mounted dish. I can find no schematic in the literature. Anyone else experience the same problem?Also, now there is an external FM antenna on the desk slide. I get better reception with the little wire antenna than the mounted one.

pickuphunt

Thanks for the link. I don't know why I have 4 satellite jacks at the doc and why 2 jacks at the bedroom TV. Further, why I don't get a continuity between the CABLE jack at the doc and CABLE jack at the main TV. Sounds like a trip to the dealer.

BJ'sDad

Out of curiousity, did you take the plates down and verify that the cable input is connected to the correct jack in the plate and/or splitter?

The first time out with my Sundance, I couldn't program the cable on the TV, checked the cable box at the post, at the docking station, still nuttin, took the screws out of the plate in the entertainment center and voila, they had connected the jacks backwards.

Take a few minutes just to verify that the cables are hooked up to the jackplates and splitter correctly, might save you a few bucks in fuel costs making a trip to the dealer for something that could be just one cable hooked up incorrectly.

ChopperBill

Our bedroom TV outlet has a plate with two connectors, one labeled Antenna one labeled Satellite. No cable was even ran to the Satellite connector. Dealer ran one. A couple of the other cables didn't even work. Dealer ran new ones through out the trailer. Trouble is they didn't remove the defective ones! Some one is going to be real confused at some point in time!