28brs Axle Flip

priorguy

Has anyone done this yet? Did you do it yourself or farm it out? I'd like gain some ground clearance for sloped driveways and parking lot entrances. Does anyone have a picture so I can see what it looks like. I know I may have to add a step, I just don't want to ruin the slick appearance. Running a taller tire wheel combination might help too I bet, as long as there is enough clearance.

QuinCrew

Have you ever checked out the Correct Track II installation on the axles. I ran across an article on the heartland forms last fall and plan to install that before spring camping starts this year. It will add 2" to the trailer height and changing tires could get you 3". I read on the form that this added a big improvement in clearance for driveways and gas station entrances but didnt require an exra step. Like the height they should have built them at. Plus you can align the axles perfectly. Just a thought.

DonnyB007

I had the trailer into a specialized trailer spring dealership and they recommended that I get the axle flip idea to gain height. But he cautioned me that increasing the height of the trailer also increases the centre of gravity and will make the trailer more susceptible to tipping. He said he has done lots of them, but always cautions customers before he does the modification.

I installed the Correct Track II on our 2013 28BRS last spring when I purchased it. I also replaced the bushings with the lifetime bushings. I haven't had any issues with the system and the added height did not affect the entrance into the camper significantly. The whole installation process took about 6 hours and was done in my driveway.