ATF: North Trail - Cabinet Doors Opening

In the front bedroom of my 2012 26RLSS North Trail there are bifold cabinet doors which are forward facing, and they are held closed by only two "bayonet" type clasps. When I apply the trailer brakes the heavy oak doors are released and they slam against the adjoining window! Also, if I were to put a TV in the cabinet as designed, it would get dumped on the floor as do the CD's that I store in there now. A simple slide bolt won't help because the door is not mounted flush with the frame, and while I've been to many hardware stores looking for a solution without success. Does anyone have a good idea?

I would be very grateful for your advise.

Many thanks,

Earl Fowler

oldmannj

Would the child safety latches made of nylon work?? Don't know if they'd withstand the pressure of the door pushing against them or not. ED.

pegmikef

Earl,

I had a 2011 26LRSS with the same cabinet and never had a problem although I remember having to use quite a bit of pressure to make sure the clasps were engaged. If I remember correctly, the platform the TV sits on moves in and out. I had removed that from mine and replaced it with shelves. I am just wondering if it might be that platform that is slamming forward and forcing the doors open. You might try wedging something in there to hold the platform in place or locking it down to keep it from slamming forward. Mike