Dry Ribs

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Apparently this is a Canadian phenomena as I have never been able to order them down here. Back home, most pubs and some restaurants have them for appetizers. Kind of missed them so figured out the process.

pork rib strips about 1 - 2inches wide
dry rub, I use one part chinese five spice, 3 parts garlic pepper powder but you can use cajun or your favourite

Cut ribs into individual rib/meat bites then rub the ribs and bake in a very slow oven 250 degrees for about 90 minutes or until tender. Let cool, drain on paper towel if overly moist. Heat oil to about 375 degrees and fry for just a couple of minutes until browned and crisped. Drain on paper towel, sprinkle with sea salt and serve with favourite dip (blue cheese here). :p

nhunter

Also sometimes served with ranch and heard occasionally beer:D . Now there is boneless dry ribs and boneless chicken wings.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
They go pretty well with margaritas too Hunter, rumour has it. I fixed a batch last night and the El Jimador bottle seems to have a dent in it. Now I am just wondering if I should share Canada's secret,,, butter tarts.

nhunter

There is nothing better than Naniamo bars and butter tarts too. Funny how close the two countries are but so different. Don't ask for a caeser or Clamato juice south of Montana or you get funny looks. Or ask for biscuits and gravy north of the 49th.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Oh yeah, Nanaimo bars are great too :-D but I never make them because Himself doesnt like coconut or walnuts.

You know the strangest thing I find down here in the land of sausage? They have never heard of beef sausage which is what I prefer to use for my sausage rolls. (Another thing I am introducing to them, lol)