update one year later

jsdeano

Well I am sitting in a truck stop in Minnesota with my fourth blow out since leaving Houston last Sunday. This is our first long road trip since we purchased the RV 13 months ago. It has been in the shop for 10 of those months. My tire pressure monitors were always well within manufacturers parameters. No warnings, just sounds like a shotgun goes off and things start flying from there.

As far as the Lippert level up. 13 months and two separate service dealers later it still has never worked. This is along with numerous other problems.

I called them last week to tell them I was going to drop the unit off in Elkhart next week sometime since I will be within 6 hours of them. If I don't get killed first changing flat tires on the side of the road. But they told me they would not accept it. Instead I am to call when I get back to Houston and they will send someone from Heartland to pick it up and take it back up to Indiana. Then they will look at it to see what they will fix.

So I will have to do without a RV for a few more months I guess. I bought it over a year ago and was planning to hit the road and just go see some of America. I've only made it from Houston to New Orleans, along with picking it up and going down to Madagorda a few times, after they would call and tell me everything was fixed. Unfortunately it has never been fixed, and then they would have to supposedly order and wait weeks on parts. Never did figure out why it takes over a month to order and receive parts.

Any way I will report in when I see the unit again. I wish they would just take this thing back and just give me a new one that actually works or just give me my money back. What a disappointment this has been.

You go from being elated like a kid to feeling like a kid that someone just took your new toy away from!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thats too bad...I feel for you.
I've posted and got my hand slapped for posting the first thing to do is replace the OEM tires on your new HL RV. If you replaced your blow-out tires with another low quality tire beware.

SilverRhino

I'm sure there is a reason......but......I don't understand the logic of not being able to drop it off as opposed to going all the way back to Houston to have it picked up.

Sorry to hear of your problems.....Hopefully they will all get worked out to your satisfaction....Good Luck!

jdfishing

The key to getting your Level-up system fixed and working properly is to get it to Lippert. I went through three service facilities and six weeks in the shop and the system still would not level in the auto function. Most of the system was replaced to no avail. While at the National Rally this year, a Lippert service tech came by my site. He asked me a few questions, then switched two wires, and the system was fixed. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

From what I understand from a friend of mine who had similar issues with the leveling system... there has been a recall on some of the Lippert motherboards/controllers. Maybe that is the case with your unit?

As for tires... do you have the Towmax STRs? I had all 4 of mine suffer cuts on the outer sidewall on the "inside" side (facing in towards the center of the unit) that forced me to replace them at 11.5k mileage... I always had them properly loaded and inflated too!

Good Luck!

jsdeano

I agree. I called a tire service and they just replaced the two blowouts. And the two that would go tomorrow. Now the only original left is the spare. I put the Firestone 85s on. Not many choices sitting in a truck stop in know where Minnesota.

jsdeano

Yes there must be some reason, but I can't figure out why they would want to put 4 thousand miles on my new tires?????

jsdeano

Wow, that is great news. I wanted to drop it off and just let them fix everything while I was in the area. They said it would not do any good. I have to make a appointment even though I gave them more than two weeks notice. Not sure why. Lippert is close to Heartland but I don't want to drive over there if even after a year they still will not fix it. I guess I am just at their mercy to have them pick it up in Texas and drive the Four thousand miles to fix it?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Don't assume and call Lippert. I have nothing but excellent service from them regarding a bad weld resulting in spring hanger comming loose. They fixed and apid my road side repair bill and told me to bring it to their Denver PA shop for a full frame inspections of all welds when ever I get a chance. So go and give them a call and maybe you can get the Level Up repaired.

jsdeano

Don't assume and call Lippert. I have nothing but excellent service from them regarding a bad weld resulting in spring hanger comming loose. They fixed and apid my road side repair bill and told me to bring it to their Denver PA shop for a full frame inspections of all welds when ever I get a chance. So go and give them a call and maybe you can get the Level Up repaired.

Thank you for the advise. I have called Lippert on many occasions. They have tried to work with the service departments who have had my RV for 275 days since I bought it. (2013 Road Warrior 415) They are unable to correct the problem thus far. I called again to set up an appointment after I read your response. At this time I will not even go into what Nicole in customer service said. But I can tell you that she is the most indignant person I have talked to in my entire life. I am still waiting on a call back from her boss.

scottyb

's.
Thank you for the offer. The axles on my 415 RW. are set at different spacing. The front two will take 85's but from the middle axle to the back will not take 85's

They will fit, just a little closer than normal. I am betting you have the same Dexter axles and spring setup as the Cyclones, with 33" spacing. The middle and rear are closer than the middle and front. Sometimes mine will almost touch, but only when twisting and turning tight. They are fine driving straight. I have 8K mi on mine and practically no signs of wear. I would prefer the 35" spacing setup they offer but I will take what I have any day over the Maypops.