Larger Water Heater

priorguy

Has anyone tried replacing a 6 Gal water heater with a 10 Gal? Have you seen a larger unit? I'd like to increase the capacity. Is there a tankless/bottomless model for RV's yet? Thanks for any feedback.

Manzan

There are tankless water heaters for RVs but I don't know much about them. I think Camping World has them for sale.

jbeletti

Girard and others make tankless - propane water heaters for RVs. They are pretty much drop-in replacements. I had a gen 1 Girard. They have come a LONG way since then.

priorguy

Thanks for the info, we're pretty much using the trailer as a cottage right now. We arrive Friday night after 5 days in a stick house and some people (myself included) forget how much (or little) hot water there is.

Suburban makes units up to 20 gallons that are propane or dual fuel. If there's enough clearance and you can stomach cutting a larger opening in the side of your rig and reframing it, it's not hard to go from 6 to 10 gallon. I've got a 10 gallon on my rig, would like to eventually upgrade it to a 20 as the front foot print on the outside is the same.

Our new fifth wheel is basically being used the same. We travel with our original, far smaller RV since it can make it up the mountain roads, the Bighorn will be the weekend cottage.

Mizmary

Oh- the 20 gallon is nice. We went from a 6 to a 20 gallon. It was bliss to stand in the shower with all that hot water for all of those minutes. ;-)

Girard and others make tankless - propane water heaters for RVs. They are pretty much drop-in replacements. I had a gen 1 Girard. They have come a LONG way since then.

The only thing about the on-demands I don't like is the temperature maxes out at 120 and goes down from there as the flow increases and that they don't like really really hard water.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Our 09 BH came with a 12 gal. gas/electric water heater. Very hard to run ourt of water even with out Daughter taking showers. I think it take about the same space as the 10 gal. does.

alaska dodge

I have the atwood on demand in my cyclone and love it

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD