Splendide door latch issue

porthole

Retired
Our washer dryer combo started acting up a week ago, was not always starting when I hit start. Use it every day for at least drying the bath towels.

What I found is a broken latch.

Haven't tried to locate parts yet but I managed a temporary repair.

So if you seem to have trouble with a door lock, look to see if the latch has good spring tension and see if it looks like it is oriented correctly, including the pivot pin.

A shake of the door and slight rattle could indicate a broken pin retainer.
I drilled a small hole through the boss that held the pin and used a nylon tie wrap to secure it.

To disassemble the door you need to remove it from the hinge (2 small torx screws) then the philips screws around the perimeter.

The door skins snap together, so careful prying to separate the halves.
The glass and plastic windows only fit one way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1376331845.939378.jpg

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Garypowell

Duane. While I have not had this problem I had some start up concerns when I first bought mine and I found the tech support to be excellent. Don't have info with me but you will have it on your docs. Something like "Western sales" or something similar.

happyappy

Unfortunately, I broke the handle off my Splendide 2100 this past week. So far the door has resisted all efforts at opening it back up to repair it. As one might expect, the clothes inside are apparently the family favorites that we can't live without :).

I love the washer/dryer combo...but this has been a frustrating experience.

danemayer

Unfortunately, I broke the handle off my Splendide 2100 this past week. So far the door has resisted all efforts at opening it back up to repair it. As one might expect, the clothes inside are apparently the family favorites that we can't live without :).

The training manual includes dismantling instructions starting on p17. May not be your model, but the instructions might be close enough to help.

Rickhansen

On our 2100XC, there is a manual latch release behind the lower front kick-panel. I have a tech manual that include error codes and troubleshooting info, if anyone is interested. It's in PDF format, and I don't think I can attach it here. Send me a PM with your email and I will forward you a copy.

On Edit: the 2100 manual is now posted to the manuals section of the forum.

Their tech support and parts department can be reached at:

Westland Sales, Splendide Tech Dept.
1-800-356-0766 EXT. 5
(503-655-2563)

My XC2100 door frame broke a couple years ago. I called Splendide, the shipped me one very quickly for only about $15.

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired

Pulling the plug should turn off any latch relays.

caissiel

The tech support is excellent they will guide you on the phone until resolved.
In 8 years I have replaced 2 motor brushes. It's a DC Motor.

Sent from my U8666-51 using Tapatalk 2

Westwind

Latch broke on our 2 year old Splendide this year in Florida, the thought of not having her W/D throws my wife into a "Tizzy", it was a very tense day while I contacted Westland and they helped me understand what was wrong, what parts I needed and shipped the part out that day, plus sent me an email with instructions on how to repair and pictures of how everything fit back together since I had to take the door a part. There is certain way to open the door if the WD has been running and a little red light that must be out. We re-read the book and checked it out and I hope we don't make that mistake again, it wasn't cheap to pay for 2 day delivery which was as much as the part. Don't know what the rush was I had 5 sets of underwear. LOL

Willym

I have fixed two Splendide door latches now, both using wire stiching and epoxy adhesive after drilling some holes for the stitching. When I investigated parts, Splendide wanted to sell me the complete door assembly for over $100.

Westwind

I don't know how old your Splendide is or what model but I was able to take the door apart and replace the latch assembly, they did give me a choice of getting the door which was $$$ or the latch and taking the door apart and replacing the latch. Since I already had the door apart to see if I could repair the latch I opted for the new latch.
Shipping was bad enough for a latch couldn't imagine what it was like for the whole door.