Stove Ignitor

Tbower

Is it common for the stove ignitor to go out? We purchased the camper, used, just two weeks ago. Everything tested fine but this past weekend the ignitor went out on the stove. Is it easy to repair?

danemayer

Hi Tbower,

Are you talking about the knob on the far right that generates a spark to light the rangetop burners? I've never found it to be very good. Ours generates a spark, but it's so small that for it to work the gas has to be on too long in my opinion. There's always a large flareup when it finally ignites. I have a couple of fireplace butane lighters and a handheld spark striker that work much better.

The ovens are lit manually by pressing in on the knob while applying flame to the pilot light assembly. If you leave the knob in the pilot position, the pilot light should stay on as long as there's no interruption in propane supply.

Lynn1130

Lift the top of the stove and see if the wire to the ignitor (my spell check does not like that spelling) is still attached. That particular wire has a problem on ours and does not want to stay connected.

pegmikef

Lift the top of the stove and see if the wire to the ignitor (my spell check does not like that spelling) is still attached. That particular wire has a problem on ours and does not want to stay connected.

Ditto, somebody else on the form mentioned this and I went out and checked mine. It wasn't quite disconnected, but needed pushed back on to make good contact. The one in the TT worked great, and everytime it didn't work correctly, sure enough the wire had started working loose. Simple fix.

conradsteph

We just had to replace ours cause I turned the spark knob the wrong way and it broke off. $15 dollar piece for our Suburban stove top.